1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship breaking, please help.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Drummergirl8, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Drummergirl8

So first thing first I'm from Texas, and my girl friend is from Canada. Over 2,000 miles apart. I'll be 21 in a month and she's 27. We have been dating for 3 years and we are crazy in love. But I've still got lots of school and she has been done for a while.

Now that you know alil back ground info I'll tell you what's got our relationship at the breaking point. We want to live together. But with me still in college I can't just move there, I won't get a job. And I can't just move there and do school because her town doesn't have a university. And she can't find a job here. She recently got a new full time job that is great pay, benifits, pension everything. I was really upset about it though. I told her that this job would make her want to settle down there. Getting that job would plant her down and she won't move. Well this has just become true... She's looking for a house to buy. She just told me she was applying for the job, didn't care what I said, and now she has done this with the house. "I just want to let you know I'm looking for a house" is what she told me. So of coarse I got upset. This is exactly what I said would happen.she didn't talk to me about it or anything, just did it. She is giving me two choices. Wait around until I'm done with school and move there or leave her.

I don't want to have to choose this. I asked her last night if she would just think about us for a second and what this will do to our future. What was her response? "You don't need to think about us all the time, you have to think about yourself" you can't do this!! not with huge life changing decisions like this! Sure choosing what your going to do today think about yourself. But not when it comes to something like this. So I'm just super hurt and afraid that this really will lead to the end of us.

What do yall think about it, and what would yall do?

2. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "And she can't find a job here." Well if she can't get a job where you are it may be a tad difficult for her to support herself, money doesn't grow on trees after all. If anything the situation sounds simply unfortunate in that you are both stuck in your relative areas due to school/work necessities and there doesn't seem to be much of a feasible way for both of you to live in the same place currently. At least that is the impression I got from your post. I guess if you really love her though you could stick it out in Texas until you're done school and then move to wonderful Canada (I may be a bit biased in terms of geography). I would assume you have time off between semesters that you could get together for a while to get you through until you can officially move in together once the situation permits it?

3. Drummergirl8

Hahaha seems like your alil biased. And yes we see each other all time. I'm not upset about the fact that it seems like the world is against us. It's because it seems like she is only thinking about herself and not us. Like hell I've changed me major so that if I do end up having to move there I will be able to get a job. I posted this really just hoping for a different point of view to figure out what I need to do.