1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Most Frequently Asked Question on EC

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tardis2020, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Tardis2020

Is he gay?

There is a boy in my Spanish class who I really like, he's kind and attractive, pretty much my only requirements. But, we're not really friends or anything. He sits next to me, and the most we've talked was:
    "what did you get for question X?"
    "I put Y"
    "Ok"
    I've seen him look at me before, I don't know if stare is the right word. I just kind of feel like he's gay, but I'm probably making it up in my head. I'd really like to at least be friends with him, obviously that's the first step. So how do I become friendlier with him?
    I was thinking of asking if he wanted to study together for Spanish since I get good grades (101/103 average) and I don't think his are very good. So I could offer to help, but then I feel like that might be taken as offensive or something, I have no idea what to do.

2. Gen

Gen

It can be a bit inappropriate to offer assistance to students who aren't asking for it or haven't become well acquainted with you because you don't know what their personal goals and expectations are. Everyone doesn't have the same standards for their education.

I would consider making general conversation about the class, or possibility another subject/instructor that you might both have even if not together. There isn't much of a science to small talk other than using it as a way to establish a degree of openness between you and others. If you start consistently striking up conversations with him, there is a good chance he will start making the same efforts.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think Tardis2020 is actually a student himself... Assuming that, you should never use your smarts to try and attract someone, especially if it means him unfairly getting something he didn't work for. There is someone else who had a really bad experience with this guy who knew he was gay and just used him for money and other favors. What you should do is be friendly to this guy and see if he will appreciate you for you, not for the potential of getting a better grade. That's my opinion.

4. Tardis2020

I think my post was misleading when I put that conversation in, that wasn't cheating or anything, that was just discussing a question on a worksheet not on a test. And my thing about helping with class was just an afterthought, I don't really think that would be a good idea. Anyway, I am a student and I wasn't trying to use intelligence to attract anyone, (unless they were sapio, then they'd be in love).