1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A long overdue love story...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheSeeker, Nov 12, 2014.

1. TheSeeker

Hey all,

Been awhile since my last post, and I am still blown away by how much has changed in my life since then. I missed you all and I don't know why I haven't posted. So, to all of you who remember who I am or remember my coming out story... This is the payoff:

Back in June, I posted a thread that I had hooked up with my first guy. It was incredible, and only a few days later I went on a date with another one. He was tall, dark and handsome and we agreed to meet again after hitting it off so well. I fooled around with another guy, and went out with yet another, before circling back around to "tall, dark and handsome". He's a Coast Guard, so for the sake of this story, let's call him CG...

I initially didn't intend to get into a relationship with anybody; and he was recovering from a relationship of his own when we met. We just wanted a friend, and we found that in eachother. One night, we decided to hook up because, hell, why not... We had both had less than satisfying dates and wanted just to cuddle with someone. We did more than that.

That was the beginning. What followed over the next month was not necessarily my finest time as a human being. I was jealous of another guy he was hooking up with didn't know what to do with that emotion-- I had never felt it before.

I ended up standing on his porch one day, holding a single rose in my hand and looking at my shoes. I told him that I didn't know what was going on, but I wanted to give him a piece of my heart if he wanted it... I didn't care if he gave me one in return. It was silly, but...

A few weeks later, we ended up dating officially. He's not out at work, but I am fully out at mine, and my friends swiftly became his. Roses, wine, and a plethora of other romantic gestures followed and before I knew it, the summer had gone by and suddenly I was in love... And being loved back. We were so comfortable around eachother, We'd fall asleep watching TV, spend nights happily next to eachother, and just didn't get tired of eachother's company. I never knew anyone could make me laugh so hard... My friends were stunned, but they accepted him without question.

Fast forward to last month... We flew to Colorado to meet my parents, and then I drove with him to Connecticut to meet his. It was way less scary than you may imagine.

Some of you may remember the contentious nature of my relationship with my folks when I came out. Well, that's evolved significantly since then, and I have never seen them happier. They loved CG and want to adopt him. We spent over a week with them without a hitch. He fit right in, and I can't even begin to express how amazing that is. I met his folks too, and they love me as well, although they "find my lack of faith... disturbing". There are worse things than having potential in-laws try to convert me though, and while they would love me to be Christian, they don't seem to be overly concerned.

For CG and I both, it's the first time either of us has brought anyone home to meet our families, and for him it was the first time he had even been back since coming out to them. We're both uniformed Federal employees, and quite masculine (except when we go antiquing...). Suffice to say, our friends and families didn't really suspect.

I still can't believe how well the family visit went, and I can't believe that I am so incredibly lucky that I have found such an wonderful guy. Five months, and they have been some of the best of my life.

So, in summation: It really does get better! What I have found being with CG is that it feels so... normal. Like it's the most right thing in the world. This is why I came out, this is why he came out, and it makes all of the suffering we've endured worthwhile.

Sure, it will have its ups and downs, and I will come to you all for advice. But for now, I just wanted to tell my story and say thanks to all of you; I wouldn't be here without you guys.

Onward!!

-TheSeeker

2. MightNeedThis

:eusa_danc(&&&)That is so sweet!! I'm so happy of you, congratulations, love birds

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's wonderful to hear such a beautiful story, it strengthens our faith that it does indeed get better!

Congratulations!

4. TheSeeker

Thanks! I figured I'd post this as a thank you, and also because it's something that I wish I could have read when I was in the process of Coming Out...

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How sweet! It's great to hear success stories like yours. Thanks for sharing!

6. Notlad

I'm so glad things are going well for you!

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awww (*hug*)

This makes me so happy!

Sorry for being a bit harsh on your parents in the past. :frowning2:

You really deserved to find a good guy. You have such a kind spirit and such energy; it would be hard to imagine you alone. I'll be in touch, okay? (*hug*)

Adrienne

8. TheSeeker

Pret,

You have been awesome! I couldn't have done any of it without your help and support.

9. Average Joe

What a heart-warming story. Thanks for sharing. I wish the two of you all the best :slight_smile:

10. rainbowdesi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. We need more happy beginnings like yours. Wish you both all the best :grin:

11. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its good to hear about a love story with a good ending. He sounds very nice and you sound very happy!!!

12. TheSeeker

Guys, you're awesome! Thanks for being there for me and now for both of us... Could not have made it here without any of you on EC!

13. ChameleonSoul

Thanks for sharing this! It's just what I needed to hear today.

14. TheSeeker

Happy to hear that! Hit me up anytime if you want support.