1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friends or lovers

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chocolateaddict, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Chocolateaddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay so before june of this year i had a girlfriend for 2 years i love her, we love each other but we were both struggling with our religion and feeling so guilty so i broke up with her because i wanted to do the right thing which was not to date a girl, because of my religious beliefs. So we stayed friends but i don't know a few weeks later i couldn't be her friend anymore because i love her so much. So i told her that i wanted us to become girlfriends again...but she said no because she's a jehova witness (and she wants to be saved when the end of the world will come, and if we're gay we won't be).

she still wants us to date but like without the sex part (cause to her that's the sinning part of homosexuality), and she wants us to live like that for the rest of our lives in the closet pretending to be "best friends" and without sex.... and somehow i don't want to, when i knew her i was 14 she was 18 and she was very free she was doing drugs, drinking and sleeping around(we got through this together), she did everything and now that i'm 18 and she is 22 , she became soooo into her religion and i feel like she has lived all the fun stuff and that she is stealing away the 18's fun from me....Moreover she has a 6 years old little girl, my gf think that she doesn't understand what's between us but eventually she'll grow up, what will we tell her?

the answer could be easy.... but i wanna spend eternity with her , i can't live without her in my life even a day without her is too much ...so what do you think i should do?

#1 Chocolateaddict, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't want to, then don't do it! Just be honest with her that you don't want to live in the shadows. I like this term "DTR" (define this relationship), where both people first say what they think is happening and what are their goals, and then they discuss and come to a mutual agreement and try to stick by it. That's all you can do, really. :/

3. I am Kakashi

I know you love her, but you have to live your own life. She is only open to one type of relationship, and you don't want that. Just tell her you understand her limitations due to her religion, but you don't believe that way, and want a romantic and sexual relationship for which she can't provide.