1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like one of my best friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tri137, Nov 15, 2014.

1. tri137

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have come here because I really need some help with my problem.
    Here is my problem, I have developed feelings for one of my best guy friends and I have no idea if he is gay or bi or would even like me back, and I'm afraid that if I tell him and he's not gay our bi then he might feel weird being around me and won't want to hang out with me as much our at all.
    We've been friends for several years and we talk to each other almost everyday and we hang out a lot and every time I'm around him I feel happy and can picture us being together.
    I've never really seen him talk about any girls he likes and when I went out with him and his friends they were talking about all the girls there and my friend doesn't really participate in talking about girls like they do.
    So I need advice on how to find out if he is gay or bi and if he is how would I go about telling him that I like him.
    Edit: he does know that I'm gay if that had any relevance

#1 tri137, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask him. There's really no magical way to tell if he is, unless there's someone else who knows who would tell you. You might just have to take the risk that he could guess why you're asking, but I really don't see altogether many options. You don't have to tell him you like him when you ask, but if you want an answer, you will have to ask the question. You might be able to start with what you've noticed about his interest in girls, or you might just ask him frankly without much of a build-up.

If he's straight, move on. If he's sexually compatible with you, you might be able to start pursuing something. And there's still no guarantee that he'll want to date you if he is sexually compatible, nor is it certain that he wouldn't be awkward with you after finding out, even if he is gay/bi/pan.

3. Tardis2020

^^^
    Pretty much what he said.
    Also, if you do ask him don't say its because you want to date him, or that you like him, or that you love him. If he comes out to you give him some time before you make a move.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He shouldn't be surprised you would fall for a guy.

5. tri137

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that I'm going to just observe how he reacts to girls and guys being around and if he looks at the guys more maybe I'll have a shot.