1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go about this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yosia, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Yosia

My best friend has a crush on someone and would like to get to know them better, so i promised with her that i would help her talk to him. But we are both very shy creatures. How could we go about this?

2. LibraryLass

LibraryLass Guest

Maybe the "fake it till you make it" confidence thing will work best? Just introduce yourself and say "g'day". If you share classes with this person, maybe you could start up conversation outside the classroom while waiting for the teacher to arrive. One line might be "oh my gosh. Wtf is up with these analytical paragraphs!? 5 already this term. I LOVE To Kill A Mockingbird - great book, but I don't need to analyse it go understand Lee's message. What was your contention to answer the question?" (or whatever homework task you had) or try talking about the weather "sheesh its hot! And Abbot is trying to kid himself that global warming isn't a thing.. its a thing alright!!! Do you have aircon at home?"

But bottom line is, if your friend likes this fella enough to want to get to know him better he's probably a really nice person who will totally understand!