1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Church

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by David21201, Nov 16, 2014.

1. David21201

ok, so i go to church with three gays. They are all VERY open about it. However, the church kinda turns their heads when they arrive. I plan on coming out to them (my fellow homosexuals) soon so i have support there any idea on how to tell them without my family over hearing. i dont wanna wreak my relationship with anybody in the church but i feel like its going to happen.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just do it. If others don't accept you, go to another church. :slight_smile:

3. I am Kakashi

If you really aren't ready to come out to your parents, I'd try and find an excuse to talk to the gay guys at your church. But chances are, they already know. :slight_smile:

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Are these people your friends? What are you hoping to gain, by telling them about yourself and risking your family finding out?

Not saying that you shouldn't do it, but do consider both sides of what a situation like this might bring.

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to agree if the church has a problem then find another one . I know that they are out there because there at least 3 in my home town that I know of I am sure there are more ! Also you will come out when you are ready don't try to rush things . You will know when and where and you will do great when you tell them. I wish you the best of luck .!

6. David21201

ok... i want to tell them so i have a saftey net to fall in if stuff goes bad wuth family

7. I am Kakashi

Definitely having people who've been in your situation before is a great thing to have. Just remember it's not their responsibility to help you financially or with housing situations if you get kicked out.

Regarding the church, she's 13. I don't think she's at an age where she can easily change churches. Requesting to go somewhere else, or not at all, will probably just raise red flags. i say stick it out till you have a car and can go somewhere else by yourself :slight_smile:

8. David21201

thanks ^.^
    i actually have several living arrangements already planned out and I am already considering leaving the church (not big on the whole God and Jesus aspect).
    My mom's friend will take me in if all hell breaks loose and I have my friend (18) who is living with her brother (gay and like 22) and theyd take me.
    I have places and a plan for if something goes wrong.
    Next question: Is it wrong to wait for my gf/bff to come out to our other friend's mom before I tell my parents?

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

it's never wrong to wait for coming out. Whatever your reason is, it is completely your choice who you come out to, and when you come out to them.

10. I am Kakashi

Since it's not your girlfriend's parents, normally I'd say it doesn't matter. But with you being so close, if you came out, that would most certainly out her in the process as well. I'd just talk to the gf about it. If there is no particular reason why this friend's mom needs to know, I'd err on the side of caution if your gf isn't ready. Even if the friend's mom is GLBT-friendly, your gf just may not be ready for everyone and their dog to know yet. :slight_smile:

11. David21201

we've talked about it yesterday actually. she said if she came out to Ts(friend who lives far away) mom shed help me w/ coming out to my rents. But like Kakashi was saying we are REALLY close. I think we have a plan but nothings official! Thanks for your input

12. I am Kakashi