1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is ....... shes a good friend!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chelski, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Chelski

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been with my girlfriend for just over 5 years now. Its the 1st time that we have both dated someone of the same sex. I'm been very very lucky and fortunate that my parents have now accepted me and my girlfriend (save that story for another time) and do introduce her as my partner.

But with her parents I'm the good friend...

I have a good relationship with both of them. They have had no problem with me and are generally happy for us. But there has been a number of occasions where we have all gone out and I've been introduced this way..

My point is that its been 5 years and we are saving to buy a home together and I don't want to be known as the good friend?! My girlfriend doesn't really see the problem with this and haven't spoken to them

Am I over reacting to this?

2. Scarlet V

Out Status:
    Some people
    hmm maybe leave it until you have a new place? maybe it could be a problem for her if they don't accept it and she is living with them?? maybe ask her when she plans on telling them? she will have to tell them eventually

3. Chelski

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I maybe should have mentioned that they do know about us.. and have for about 3 years. I know she still lives with them and I guess she needs to respect them in that sense..

I just get the feeling it will be 10 years on and I'm still this close friend.. :frowning2: