1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I met a guy...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Nov 16, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

I met up with this guy today, not for a date really, we just went and hung out. He's gay and we've been texting for a bit. I've had trouble with guys lately so I figured, why not take it slow this time? :slight_smile: I saw photos online and wasn't totally attracted but I figured we'd meet and it'd be fine if I didn't find him cute because hey, we're not actually on a date and looks aren't everything.

So we met... He was gorgeous. He was sweet. He was outgoing which is good because I'm shy when first meeting someone, so there was barely any awkward silence. I'm having a hard time though, because I don't have a complete crush on him. I don't know if it's normal to not fully fall for someone the first time you meet them, but I just don't know.

He's way different from me. I'm very much a conceited, city loving, eyebrow obsessed pop culture lover, while he's a country boy. We are so different. That's the only thing I'm having trouble with. We have nothing in common. Opposites attract, but I'm just stuck on it. Do people who have nothing in common ever work out?

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Short answer; yes. At least in my experience. As long as you have a deep personal connection, where it really matters, a lot of the superficial stuff can be overcome. You don't always have to like the same things, or have the same background, as long as you're both on the same page when it comes to what you want out of life.

Obviously that's getting way ahead of ourselves. It's still early days for you two. My instinct, from the way you talk, makes me think there might be a little bit of a spark there? I know you're worried that you don't have an immediate attraction, and maybe you're right, but it sounds like he's worth getting to know a bit more before you make up your mind. You don't always know straight away. After all, he's gorgeous, he's sweet, he has a personality that suits yours... worth a second date, surely?

3. bornthiswaybby

well, there wasn't even a first date. we just hung out I guess to make sure we weren't complete lunatics. he's a little "out-there" to me, but something inside wants to get to know him more. I think we're hanging out again tomorrow :slight_smile: I'm not so sure his personality suits mine, and that's where I'm struggling. But we will see! thank you :slight_smile:

4. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well some times, from my own experience, it is possible to formulate a connection based almost exclusively on passion and, as superficial as this is, looks too. The only problem is, texting them and holding a fluid conversation with them can be incredibly difficult and irritating at times. But this is compensated by when you do meet up and you just express your intimacy through physical contact and being in each others presence- which sometimes, is more than enough.

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First off I want to say congrats! I think that you need to go slow and take your time there is no need to go to fast get to know each other and enjoy your selves I hope you two hit it off ! I wish you the best of luck !

6. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! I met a guy two years ago. We had nothing in common except for a few things, but I decided to give him a chance, we had been together since then. We both learned a lot, and gave a chance to some stuff we didn't even imagine we would. The great part about different interests is that you never ran out of things to talk about. IMO you should date him again. Good luck!

7. bornthiswaybby

Oh my gosh, I hung out with him again. He's amazing and he makes me smile more than any other guy has, he's just a joy to be around. All we've been doing is just sitting and talking and he's just awesome. He tells me old stories about friends of his and he's just very interesting. I'm beginning to feel a bit of butterflies. We haven't kissed yet, which for me is rare (though we've only hung out twice) because guys always go for it the first time I hang with them. He told me that he doesn't just "kiss anyone" during conversation, and I respect it. I would kiss anything that showed good hygiene & was around my age. He has values, I love it. He's a great guy. I can't wait to see him again.

8. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We totally called it.

:icon_wink I'm glad you're having fun, he sounds like a lovely guy!