1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disowned Sons, Loving Boyfriends and Playing Videogames

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kael, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Kael

Hey guys and gals, and everyone in between. :wink:

I must first apologise for being so inactive on this site of late. I have been so busy and just haven't been able to find the time to make any posts or reply to anyone...
    So I am sorry.

But anyways!!!
    So much has happened!
    And I'm gunna update you all on it! :3
    (Excuse any typos as I am on my phone and also autocorrect can be evil sometimes)

So what I'll do for you guys is list the main points of life so far and then elaborate accordingly.

Ready?
    Let's go! :grin:

1) My mother has disowned me and I am now permanently living with my grandparents until I move out.
    2) I have a boyfriend.
    3) Video games lol.
    4) That's actually about it because my life is boring as shit.

So let's start off with number 1.

It's actually a long story, so buckle up.

It all started about six months ago. I was sick of the constant negative criticisms and assumptions from my mother. But I learnt to just deal and go about my life...
    But one day, about a month or so ago when it was "shark week ", everything became too much. I felt like shit and I just hated my mother. And the tension in the air was... palpable.

So I did what I thought was right.
    I removed myself from the situation. To avoid anymore conflict.

Whilst she was out shopping, I wrote a note detailing why I was leaving and how we should just take a two week or so break... I packed my stuff, rang my Nan and left for her place.

I was there for about an hour when my phone rang.
    It was my mother.
    And she was pissed.

About ten minutes later she sped around to my grandparents place. What ensued next was a bunch of yelling, screaming, swearing and banging on windows and doors.
    When I did open the front door and talk to her (thank god for the wire frame door as my barrier), all I got were insults and "Get your stuff and get your ass in the car".
    I argued with her. Tried to reason with her why I though a break was necessary.
    But to no avail.
    In the end, she left.
    But not without turning to me and pointing straight at me.
    "You're no longer my son anymore".

I stepped back into the loungeroom with shaky steps and breaths. I don't know how I stayed composed in those moments... but I did.
    My grandparents reassured me that everything would be okay... that they would take care of me.
    I am so glad that I have them in my life.

So that's that part of my life. I've been living at my grandparents for the past month and a bit. Life has been good since then.

Onto the next part! !
    My boyfriend! :3

I must say... I'm so glad I've met him. He means the universe to me and he's pulled me through some dark times in the past two months I've known him.

So... I'll start from the top and explain how we met and stuffs.

We met through a mutual friend on a social app.

I was apprehensive at first, because new people creep me out and I had to do some scoping first to get to know him sorta before I could put any form of bond on the table.
    I'm so glad I got to know him
    I'm so glad I gave him a go.

After chatting to him for a while... I was going through the phase in my mind "Fuck... We have so much in common. He's so nice and genuine and... I think i may have a crush on him". Which is a big convoluted phase of my fucked brain but important nonetheless.

So I kept talking to him, my attraction to him growing stronger day by day. I was falling for him... He was just... so... amazing.

What I didn't know at that point... was that he was falling for me too.
    So we he told me he liked me... I was overjoyed.
    Ecstatic.
    That someone.... finally... reciprocated the feelings.
    It meant so much to me and it makes me so happy to know that he loves me back.

By this time, we were already friends on Facebook and stuff like that. So we were very well acquainted with eachother. Our profession of love just drew us closer together and I feel like I've found that missing piece of my puzzled life.

I just... He actually means everything to me and I hate to think of what I'd do if I never met him... everything fits so well with him.
    I feel so comfortable... so right with him.
    I know it may sound crazy but I truly believe...
    That he is the one.
    I love him.

I s'pose I should give a few details on him...
    He's from New Zealand.
    He's 19.
    He's moving to Australia next year in April! (Yay yay yay YAY!!)

And he's also a member of this site (username is Doctorlysomethn) and we've planned a little something... I guess... for this thread... you guys will see. :wink:

But that is about it for my life at the moment...

Oh.

I got a Wii U. And Hyrule Warriors. And Smash 3DS. And I'm getting a lot of video games cuz they're basically half my life. XD

So I'll see you guys later!!.

I'm so sorry for being so late though! !!

Byeee~~~

Kael~

2. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi everyone :slight_smile: I know I haven’t posted or updated you all either so I’m sorry for that :/

Firstly, I shall apologize to you all as well for not keeping you all up to date on what’s happened in my life. I have been so super busy and I just never got a chance to keep you all updated and stuff like that, so sorry!
    But anyhow… it’s time for me to make amends to that :grin:

I’ll tell you all what has happened in my life and then divulge from them XD
    1) I have finished uni, and am desperately seeking work so I can move to Aus in April next year
    2) I have a super amazing boyfriend who I love to bits
    3) Gaming and anime… almost my life haha
    4) No… that’s pretty much about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I have such a boring life that I don’t even have 4 new bits of information for you all XD

Ok… so….
    1) I studies Psychology at Massey University in Palmerston North, New Zealand, my semesters are both over, and I am now desperately looking for work in Palmy for a very good, specific reason…
    I need to a) Pay off my student loans as much as I can, while also having at least $5k before I leave for Aus
    b) Have some emergency money when I get there so I can actually go around, pay for something if I do not have a job and will immediately put that money back as soon as I get one
    c) I want to do this so I can move closer to my amazing boyfriend which brings me onto 2)

2) My boyfriend… well where to begin really?
    We both met from a mutual friend in Canada, on a social app, and we talked… we got to know each other, but to me… just the first glance at his eyes and I fell in love with him, I was crushing on him so much… but we talked, we laughed, we got to know each other, and honestly… I have never been so happy to be with anyone ever before
    As a lot of you might not know, I was in two relationships previously beforehand… both were… horrible to put it nicely :/
    My first relationship was with this one girl who basically used me for sex… no love… no passion… no nothing… she just wanted me for her own pleasures so I ended it. I didn’t want to be in a dead end “relationship”
    My second relationship… well… I was constantly put down… made to feel like total shit… I couldn’t go anywhere without my ex being there for fear of jealousy… I couldn’t hang out with my friend… I had to keep him (yup, it was with a guy… not the best starters with guys for me) updated basically every hour of the day and it was total hell
    We dated twice, the first time he broke up with me, it was via a text message… I felt distraught, worthless, I was constantly told I couldn’t do any better so I believed that and thought I wasn’t good enough for anyone… then came round two when I went out with him AGAIN…
    Let’s just say, I mentally ended it, yet to save my face from his fists, I decided to be as horrible as I could, as obnoxious as I could be, and on Valentine’s Day, 2014, he broke up with me after I finally decided to make an effort on that day and with a text again!
    So after months of waiting, getting over it, I went on this social app, befriended our mutual friend in common, get told all about my boyfriend, saying we have so much in common, got shown a few pictures of him, and I just… fell in love right there and then…
    I messaged him that night, to be replied that following day and we just… talked and hit it off
    We shared the same tastes in music, shows, he was so nice, so kind, so considerate, and after a while… I told him that I liked him… like I really, REALLY liked him and you guys have no idea just how HAPPY I was when he told me he really liked me too :3
    I was literally jumping off the walls, I could not contain myself :slight_smile:

We talked on Facebook, we became very close, and then I began to deeply fall for him, and I was actually so… SO happy when I told him that… I loved him and he told me he loved me back <3 and now… I honestly cannot imagine life without him <3

He is my bestest best friend, he means the world to me, I actually cry so much when I think of what might have happened had we never talked, had we never found each other
    I just love him so much and I cannot imagine not being with him… he means the entire world to me and more <3
    I know it may be a bit… premature… but I honestly… believe this with my entire heart, body and soul… that he is the one for me… my other half… my significant other… my soul mate <3
    He makes me smile whenever something gets me down
    He makes me laugh when no one else could
    He’s always looking out for me because he actually cares so much about me and I… I cannot imagine life without him <3
    And if you don’t know my boyfriend’s details, then let me tell you them XD
    1) He’s from Australia (And has the cutest accent EVER! <3)
    2) He’s 17, but is turning 18 the year I move to Aus to be with him
    3) And he lives in the most beautiful country in the world (in my opinion) and I have always wanted to go to Aus, so now, I have the most perfect boyfriend and life awaiting me for my two trips there… one in January to “try it out” (sooooooo close <3) and the other two days after my 20th birthday in April (I honestly can’t wait… he’s the best “present” ever :wink: <3 <3 <3)

And onto the last section of games and anime… I have gotten into one game that my boyfriend convinced me to play (Mother 3) and I have gotten into quite a few of his recommended anime’s, such as Fairy Tail, Full Metal Alchemist and soon to be Naruto
    And I’ve gotten him on a game called Chrono Trigger, one called Lufia II: Rise of the Sinstrials, and will be getting him on the anime that I like, such as Soul Eater, Attack on Titan, and Kill la Kill :slight_smile:

So that’s basically my update, sorry again for how long it took, and I’ll hope to keep you all updated on our life together, as well as anything else that you guys are interested in :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to read this :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Doctorlysomethn~

3. Kael

Oh my... a conjoined thread! :wink:

4. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    And that is our surprise! :3

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see a movie script in the works!

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, you guys.

I'm glad you're happy, it sounds like you've both gone through some rough stuff and it's great that you have each other now. :icon_bigg You both like video games, so basically that's all I need to know to say that you're both awesome.

I hope it goes well for you two, wishin' you all the best. :slight_smile:

I decided to come out to my homophobic mother while I was watching Jaws. It's the sharks I tell you! It's a conspiracy!!

7. TheSeeker

Kael, I'm so sorry about your Mom... No parent should ever do that to their child! But wow are you ever brave for standing up to her and give your grandparents a hug from me for being so fricking awesome!

And you two... Good lord you're just so cute! Love the conjoined thread, and I look forward to hearing from both of you more!

Peace, love, and fabulosity,

-TheSeeker

8. David21201

lol nice going guys! wish you 2 luck (*hug*)

9. kumawool

This is the cutest thread I think I've ever seen, really though.

I would apply for social housing if the option is available in your city. Sometimes social housing speeds the process (which can be 1-2 years!) if you're coming from an abusive situation, though you'll have to sign an affidavit. Your mother was abusive, and any counselor in the world is going to back you up. So do that.

Also, your mother is going to be pretty lonely, especially if you're an only child. As she gets older, she'll likely see that being incredibly alone isn't very good. She may reach out. Refuse this contact unless you genuinely want it (if you don't want a relationship and feel happy and safe without someone else in your life, you never have an obligation for them to be there), and do not allow her to guilt trip you. It is not your responsibility to be in her life, though it was her responsibility to provide you with a loving and caring environment. She has failed as a parent, and as a decent person, and she has the rest of her life to think about what she's done.

She is no longer your problem. You are free. I hope you do not regard her with any emotion but indifference as you come to terms with how terrible she was. When I left an abusive environment, I went through depression, absolute rage, and eventually settled on indifference, and that is where I will stay for the rest of my life. The parent in question has reached out, but simply will never be in my life again; that person might as well be a stranger to me.

*Heavy Judging at Your Mother*

To end on a happier note!

Also, I repeat. Other than being angry about your mother, this is the cutest thread ever.

#9 kumawool, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  10. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

awww... you guys made me tear up a little there...

Yes, that feeling of completeness is awesome isn't it. This is exactly how I feel about my bae. And he says he's falling for me. Which is awesome, scary, and akward, given our situation.

11. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really sorry Kael you're "egg donor" is being so difficult. Maybe some people are just not meant to be parents. I don't know what I would do if my mom disowned me. Well, I guess I knew she loves me so much that she was (is) the first relative I've come out to. It's great your grandparents are more accepting. Just goes to show you that age doesn't always mean a specific viewpoint on sexuality.

I'm very happy for you finding a boyfriend. You two are a very cute couple indeed! Warms the cockles of my heart. :slight_smile:

12. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so sorry to hear about what a horrible person your mother turned out to be Kael, but I'm relieved to know that you have the support of your grandparents. To be truly cast aside by your family must be one of the worst things a person can endure.

As for your relationship, I'm sorry but this is beyond adorable. I love seeing this stuff and I hope it works out great for both of you. :slight_smile:

13. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is very adorable. You too really are the perfect couple. Glad you found each other!

P.S. Chrono Trigger and Lufia 2 are AWSOME games! But why no FF7?!

14. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've got FF7 on my laptop but those two games he can play on his phone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I'll get him to play all the Final Fantasy games I have (which is A LOT (HUGE FAN)) once I move there :wink:

15. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good deal. Are you going to have him work in numerical order? I wasn't a big fan of FF1,2,3,4, or 9. FF 5,6,7,8, and 10 were all excellent!!! And if you're going in for the old school RPG's don't let him skip the breath of Fires (3 in particular!).

I'm sure you and he will have hours of fun with them and you really do sound like the perfect couple. Congratulations!!!!

16. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Really? I kinda did like the first remake of Final Fantasy 1, not the biggest fan of 2 or 3 but I still love them, 4 I grew up with as well as 5 and 6 so I ADORE THEM! <3 7 and 8 I have on my laptop that he can play, but I've never played 9 :/ I need that one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I have 10/10-2 on my PS2 and PS3, 12 on my PS2, and 13, 13-2 as well as Lightning Returns on my Xbox 360 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: XD

But I'll try and get him to play them all (if he hasn't already) and I shall still kick his ass at them, as well as any video game XD XD

17. Littlehawk98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kyle-senpai! Long time no see!

I'm sorry to hear about the whole mom issue... That's just terrible...

But I am soo happy to see that you have a boyfriend! Isha-senpai wa iidesuyo! Srsly you two are the cutest!

Hope life is treating the both of you very very well! :icon_bigg

-Taka-chan