1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting a guy at a party, could be potential Boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Male Streisand, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys! :icon_bigg

I am planning on going to a party soon, and my friends are really trying to set me up with this gay guy they met at previous parties. Now I've been quite lonely for a while and I've never actually been with another guy before so this is still new to me.

I've never met this guy, and I've only seen photos of him, and well, he is pretty cute. I don't want to embarrass myself and make him get all creeped out by me, but I still would like to pursue a friendship and maybe lead to a romantic relationship (even though I'm the most shy person in the world):icon_redf. Do you guys have any advise? :help:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just tell him what you told us, that this all is new to you and you would like to be friends first. If he's decent, he will know how that feels and give you space. If he's indecent, he won't listen to you and you two will have an epic gay dance off. Okay, that last part may not happen. :lol:

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Male Streisand, welcome to EC!

First off, scratch "potential boyfriend" from your thought bubble...that, more than anything will make getting to know him more difficult than it needs to be, simply because you will be busy with thoughts of you both holding hands, walking on the beach with a slow-motion horse passing you by...instead of just getting to know him.

Smile, ask questions, without it turning into an interrogation, be genuinely interested in him and use his name as often as is appropriate. Listen actively and give him your undivided attention.

Yes, aim for a potential friendship, listen for possible signals of flirting and try to respond in kind. You'll know soon enough if it clicks. Be kind, offer to help with whatever you can, including getting him a drink, or whatever.

4. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it :slight_smile:

With reference to Greatwhale, I have absolutely no clue when it comes to flirting or even know when somebody is flirting with me! This is actually really embarrassing for me, and it's kinda worrying me. I mean this will be the first time I've ever had the chance to actually make friends with another gay guy, and if he does start to fancy me and flirt with me, I would at least want to know the basics(if you could call it that) of flirting :frowning2: :help:

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is only one thing you need to consider: look where he is looking, when it comes to guys flirting, the eyes will tell you all you need to know.

6. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all your advise, I would really look forward to seeing the emotion in somebody's eyes when/if they are flirting, it actually sound really romantic :icon_bigg

I'm feeling a little more prepared for this party, thank you so much! And also to the other "repliers"
    Who have contributed to to my queries. :icon_bigg(*hug*)