1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there hope for me and my best friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MerBear, Nov 19, 2014.

1. MerBear

Okay, so i had fallen in love with my best friend. here's the story..I started to like her and i had finally told her, and she had told me she liked me too and was kind of waiting for me to tell her right? the next night, i sleep over and we end up kissing. the kissing was so surreal. she had looked into my eyes and smiled, then kissed me. she'd kiss my hand for a minute then kiss me again. it was fucking amazing and that's when i fell in love with her.

the next day, she was being weird and i asked her about it, i asked if this was going to be like her old best friend where she thought she liked her but really didn't, and she said i guess and i was like going into then she told me the kiss was awkward to her but you would have never freaking thought that with the way, she looked at me you know? she could have been faking it but that takes skill for what she did

long story short, i got angry at her for not telling me on her own that the kiss was awkward and she didn't really like me and so we started arguing, and i had attacked her on a personal note, and i ended up really pissing her off and sightly hurting her. she wanted to leave, and i fought with her about that. so finally i left her alone, and redeemed myself. i was over her not liking me, and i just wanted my best friend back so i told her that

but she was still angry with me, and kept attacking me. i continued to be nice to her, while she kept calling names. basically we went back n' forth yelling at each other. i left her alone again but it'd hurt so i would come back and each time, i texted her she'd reply back. weird, i know. she called me annoying and all this other stuff. the other day, i had attempted suicide and was admitted to the hospital. she had freaked out. on me, and finally when i got out of the hospital. we were kind of talking and i said
    "i wish we could just fix our friendship" and so forth. so she replied saying "fine, we can fix it" she said she wanted to fix it.

so today, we got into again because she was being mean to me, and all i have done is fight for her, be there for, and other stuff and i knew i didn't deserve it and i told her if this was her idea of fixing our friendship, it's a shitty idea so this is our conversation

Her: "shit don't happen over night, i'm not the kind to jump in things over night!"

Me: "you should have warned me, you obviously don't want to fix our friendship now."

Her:you're so fucking stupid. IF I DIDN'T WANT TO FIX IT, I WOULDN'T CONSTANTLY HAVE THESE ARGUMENTS WITH YOU MERIS"

Me: "so you do love me? friendship kind of way, not my way. sorry i'm in a playful mood"

Her: "well, i'm not in the mood to "play" or talk to you right now. i'm so aggravated"

Her:" if you have to ask that fucking question. you need to sit and think about what i just said"

i'm not sure on what to think here.

do you think she'll ever love me the way, i do or no? and what did she mean??? in our conversation?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps, taking a break will be more helpful than forcing this friendship to work. I can imagine how hurt you were when her feelings for you were unreciprocated, and honestly, there's nothing worse than unrequited love.

She lied, and it was wrong, you attacked her personally because you were hurting and you wanted to get even, which was also wrong. However, I can tell that you truly regret what was said.

Based on the conversation/her behavior, it seems like that she doesn't feel like she can trust you any more. But it doesn't give her the right to be mean to you though.

There have been many times when my BFF and I stopped talking and for months at a time because we weren't getting along. We needed space and time apart to figure out why we became friends in the first place. So, just give her some space and time and let her come to you. If she really wants to make this friendship to work then you will soon find out.

Do this >>> Don't initiate contact for like three days and you will know where she stands. I mean, I know some people don't talk to their friends every day, but I do even if I am busy. I ALWAYS make time for the people that I care about.

Sadly, some friendships go never back to normal and that's okay. Things change and people grow apart, it's life and yes, it sucks sometimes.

#2 pinklov3ly, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  3. kaminari

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I read the first paragraph I was like: 'Awww. I wish that happened to me and my best friend!'
    Then I read on and I was like:'Whaa?'
    She was obviously trying to tell you something in that text. I think that you should ask her and don't accuse her of anything. Don't say anything like 'you don't want to fix our friendship' because she's actually trying. She meant that she was arguing because she cares.