1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm 26 and still can't talk to girls -__-

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by I am Kakashi, Nov 20, 2014.

1. I am Kakashi

So I am a female-bodied genderfluid person who uses female pronouns, so for all intents and purposes, let's just say I'm a girl because simplicity.

I'm pansexual, but have only ever been with one cis female (a then-best friend), and would like to explore that side of myself further.

But here's my problem. I feel like there are these very strict sub-genres of girls that likes girls (generally lesbians). Butch, femme, soft butch, lipstick lesbian, boi, diesel dyke, and on and on. I feel like there is this list of unwritten rules and regulations and "scripts" queer women follow, and I'm out of the loop. : / Since I'm not just not a gold star lesbian, but actively date/ sex up the menfolk, I already have this stamp on my head reading "BREEDER" and lesbians won't even consider me. T_T So then I figure okay, maybe I would be more compatible with a bi or pan girl. Cool.

So let's just say I get past that huge fucking hurdle. So then my next thing is, I don't really know how to explain if I'm butch/ femme/ etc. I feel like even bi and pan girls generally have a "type" they like. But if I'm femme sometimes, and butch sometimes, would a girl even be able to like/accept/ have sex with me on days where I don't fit into what they like? Would I be expected to be more Toppy on my butch days, and bottomy on my femme days?

The whole girl x girl world of dating and sex is just so utterly lost on me. It's confusing and I just don't feel like part of that club. These are the main reasons why I'm heteroromantic previously and now (although trying to change that). I don't know how to court/ date a woman. I don't know how to have sex with a woman. I feel like at this age certain experience will be expected of me. Like, when do you stop having sex? With guys, it's quite clear. lol

TL; DR - How do I find a girlfriend when my gender and sexuality are so confusing and looked down upon? :icon_sad:

2. I am Kakashi

No lesbians out there to help me figure this out? :frowning2: Should I put this in the more general Sexual and Romantic Orientation forum? I figured since it was about potential partners, not my sexuality itself...

3. Really

I wonder if you might be over thinking this a bit. If you find someone you like who seems to like you - as a person - and things are progressing, wouldn't the specialties of your character be revealed? Hopefully, you'd be able to tell by then if she was amenable to this.

Also, I think the "type" of sex you have is just whatever the two of you agree to do and not dictated by what you think you "should" do.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are a lot of shoulds here...

what if you would take it easy and just would look for a nice person you find likable and who likes you, your sense of humour, etc... and you take it from there...

people are in all kinds of relationships... its all possible, I'd say just be at ease...

concerning knowledge, there are tutorials on how to have sex with a woman... there are even a few threads on EC... if you relax and see this as a dance and explore each other, there should be no place for nervousness...

After all it should be two nice people spending some time together :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Some lesbians are pretty intimidating and hateful toward men and heterosexuality, but not all of them are like that. And if someone doesn't want you for having been with men then they aren't worth your time.

In my experience, there aren't really any 'rules' like some outsiders might think. Butches who top femmes aren't common, and most lesbians I know don't imitate that because it might as well be a straight relationship in their eyes. I only see it with people who are extremely heteronormative and not used to the LGBT community yet.

Lesbian sex doesn't really have a definition; It's just up to the partners to decide based on preference. Some stop when an orgasm happens, others when one just gets bored. Even straight sex can be more fluid but It's less talked about.

6. I am Kakashi

I think maybe I'm scared I will never find a lesbian that accepts me, so I unconsciously internalize stuff like "Oh she couldn't like me" for whatever reason. But I am also worried about a lesbian misconstruing my "man days" with just being butch. When I start actively trying to pass as male on certain days, wouldn't they be totes turned off?

I've known 2 different transwomen who came out to straight females and they both got dumped (after motnths foof horrific mental abuse) and it ended sooo terribly. I feel like I would have to come out every day I wanted to be a guy that day. maybe lesbains just aren't right for me. Ugh.

Now I'm rambling because I'm frustrated. .____.

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Look, this is all in your head.

Why thinking so much and not simply going out there and meeting nice persons ?
    The rest is up to you both. If you can explain it, a nice person should be ok with it.

There are many lesbians who are together with trans women.

If you are a nice person, you have something to offer. And if you pick partners who are not abusive everything should work out. As in any partnership, communication is key. Really talking about feelings, likes and dislikes, and making compromises where necessary, and retaining healthy borders.

8. I am Kakashi

I'm just not sure if besbians will understand the non-binary thing. I'm worried they won't respect my identity maybe? I know it's all in my head. I just had to get it all out there. Now that certain popul;r dating site GREATLY expanded their gender identities, maybe that will make it easier. :slight_smile: