1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old crush has a boyfriend now

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by D456, Nov 20, 2014.

1. D456

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I found out today that this girl who I adored all throughout college has got a boyfriend. I literally haven't spoken to her since early on this year in which we had a huge argument, but it really hurt me that she was dating someone and I know it's none of my business and it's her life but I just felt awful. I thought I was completely over her but I guess I'm not and it worries me that I never will get over her... I guess this is just a rant really because I don't know how to deal with how I'm feeling rn

2. Amerigo

oh that's an awful feeling. i know because i've been in your position, well, a similar one. when will you get over her? i don't know, but we both know you probably have to and probably will through time. right now you may feel a confused bag of emotions, but with reflection your thoughts will become clearer i promise.

just as a side note, in my personal experience, i got over the boy i liked by coming to terms with the fact that i may have unintentionally hurt him (by friendzoning him early on in our "relationship"), just as he unintentionally hurt me by forgetting me all of a sudden and finding a beautiful bf. so i forgave him (inwardly) like i forgave myself.

talking about it also helps, knowing people have been in your position before. it's a part of love people often aren't prepared for.

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Oh honey :frowning2: I am so sorry, I know how unfair that must be for you.. I have felt what you are feeling before.. and it's not nice.. kind of like a knife just stabbed you right? I fell for a Canadian Backpacker around 3 years ago.. and she ended up having this fling with a guy and when she moved back to Canada he went with her.. all I could think was ''that lucky son of a bitch'' I was so angry that he got to have her.. I was so hurt. What is worse is she was like 24 and so was he.. so that means I would have just been some girl in her eyes.. but I looked at her as much more.. I thought the world of her. I hate falling for straight women.. and I will never understand their fucking sexuality. I seriously don't understand why some girls are straight. I've never felt anything for a male.

It's going to be okay chica.. The pain will heal in time (*hug*)