1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Politely friend-zone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aare, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Aare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello!
    So, I've got a bit of a scenario that I'm not entirely sure how to address. I dated someone for a little bit, and things seemed to be going well. On the last date, we had a bit of a cuddle session that escalated quite quickly. Unfortunately, it ended up being the worst sex I had ever had. I ignored this because he seemed like a great guy, but then a couple days later something happened that made me feel really uncomfortable. I got a phone call at 1am on a weekday (I was at the school's library with a friend studying for an exam), from him, saying that he really wanted to see me and "make me warm" (creepy). I apologized and said that I couldn't meet him because I was studying and he replied with "but I'm like 5 feet away from your house" (he lives 5 miles away and doesn't have a car). This made me feel extremely uncomfortable, and I said I was sorry, but I really needed to get my work done. Anyways, fast forward about a month, I hadn't heard from him in awhile, so when a long-time friend asked me out, I said yes without a second thought. Then yesterday I get a text from this guy saying that he misses me and wants to see me.

I've heard of "friend-zoning" people, but how can I do it politely? I don't want to hurt his feelings because he seems like a nice guy, but I'd like to make clear that I am no longer interested? I've never had to do something like this, so I'm not sure how to proceed. :frowning2: Any advice would be appreciated! And sorry for the long post.

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just tell him the truth but in a nice way :slight_smile:

3. I am Kakashi

I would say to meet up with him in person, and be as platonic as possible through text/ phone etc. (Like, if you agree to meet him, and he gets all flirty/ sexy talking definitely don't encourage/ return it) And, in person, just tell him you're seeing someone right now, and would be happy to hang out as friends, but that is all. Short and sweet.