1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this guy into me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dblockdavis, Nov 20, 2014.

1. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There is this cute guy that i like. Not sure if he is gay. Whenever i pass him in the hall he looks startled when he sees me. He is not masculine at all. I don't read too much into stereotypes but he has a slight lispy tint to his voice. Once he said "How are YOU doin!" while smiling. Whenever he is around and i look up at him he jerks his head away really fast like he was looking at me. I passed him once and said hi. I forgot something and had to come back and he said "Welcome back!!" I offered to give him a poster (we had some extras) and he said "Why would i take a poster?" while smiling. Someone else said i was just trying to get rid of the posters. I said to him "take 3 posters!" and he grinned ear to ear. Also, i was talking to him (I think i may have been blushing) and he was smiling the whole time i was talking to him, and was looking me in the eye. Maybe he was laughing at me or something? I don't know. What do you think?
    I also asked him on facebook text if he was going to get the new smash brothers and he responded back "Maybe....."
    Lots of periods. How should i take that? Could all those periods mean something flirtatious?

2. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Too early to tell. Maybe he is into you or maybe you intimidate him. Keep prodding, keep kinda-flirting.

3. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well what should i make of the "Maybe....."

4. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The "maybe....." is killing me lol. Maybe it means "I'll get it if you do!"

5. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHA dude, I have no way of knowing. What I'm saying is that you haven't interacted with him enough to asses (or for us to asses) what his deal is. Keep playing the flirting game and report back when you have something juicier so maybe then we can help you. Better yet, hopefully you will already know by then.

6. LutheranGuy

No.

7. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well what could it mean then? should i take it as a bad sign?

8. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

You should take it as sign of him being bad with punctuation and likely broke.

9. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    urg now he is acting shy as hell and ignoring me. this kid prolly isnt even gay, and i am also ugly. Maybe i am just delusional.

10. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    maybe when i see him later i will get a better idea. a few days ago he didnt know that i saw him and he took a shortcut (as in diverted his normal path) as he was walking to look at me!

11. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're not ugly! Never think it or let someone tell you that you are (*hug*)

12. shinji

shinji Guest

Go on facebook and tell him: "If you do get it, tell me so i can get it as well and we can play sometime".

In person, try to be more touchy feely. Grab him by the shoulder to get his attention, when walking up from behind, shake his hand, look him in the eyes.

Take genuine interest in what he is doing, how he is, what his hobbies are, etc...

And most importantly, stop obsessing over details. Just try and be a friend, if anything more is to happen, it will, with time.

13. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    his family is bible thumpers and he calls his dad "daddy".

14. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I saw him kind of lingering around a few days ago and he was smiling and looking at me. (He didn't know that i saw him). What to make of this?

15. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yesterday i walked past him and he flashed a big grin. is this a good sign?

16. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  17. Erick

Hi there,

I personally don't think there are any tell-tale signs as to someone's orientation. Especially from what you describe from a situation like this.

All your information seems to be second hand, or observed. When someone wants something, they will often find what they're looking for. I advise you to deal with these fantasies with cold hard facts. Get to know him. Be a friend. In every good, decent relationship I've had, genuine friendship has been a huge part of that. Your partner should be one of your best friends as well as your lover.

That's just my opinion, but it has served me well. There's no way he's going to tell you the truth about stuff unless he trusts you - and you should be the same. Respect yourself*and if you really like him, then you really need to get to know him, as a human being before an object of desire. If it turns out that he isn't bi or gay or whatever, if he's a nice person then you would hopefully have made a good friend. And trust me, the bond of true friendship is something beautiful that will transcend time and physical space.

So take your time, and enjoy the journey. Don't let yourself be carried away by imposed romantic fantasies of others.

Best of Luck.

18. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See if he is interested in hanging out with you. See how he responds.