1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i forget about him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by wolfy1, Nov 22, 2014.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so i have mentioned a guy who i like so much on here before. just to recap about it:
    him and i are in the same class together in college. since the first day i saw him, i fell for him! i likes him inside and out... his body is beautiful and so is his personality. he is the quiet type and never really converses with anyone in the class. im always trying to pull him into the conversation... and im surprised no one has asked me why i keep doing that lol... like its so obvious (in my mind) that i keep trying to talk to him and be close to him. for a while i tried to talk to him and it just did not work out, he payed no attention to me. a week ago we had to do something outside of class, for class together (witch i was so excited for, just to spend time with him) and it went smooth, i guess. i tried my best to flirt with him.. but subtly as i dont know if he is gay or not. i really got no where. we talked while we were out together but after that it was like a wall up between us again (all from him):bang:. i have tried to get his attention for the last 4 months and have got no where with him, he just does not seem interested or idk. i have his phone number from that day when we went out for class, and i have thought about texting him, but like i said he does not seem to give me the time of day... and i dont want to be that person that bothers him, and just be annoying to him. he lives almost across the street from me, and i know he likes walks, so i have thought about asking him if he wants to go for a walk or something, but i just feel like i will get turned down.

i want so badly to at least go on one date with him, but things just dont point in the right direction. i keep telling my self i need to move on, but i am having troubles... its like he is right there and i cant do anything about it.:icon_sad:

do you think i should move on or is there anything i can do to get his attention? i just like him so much, and it hurts not being noticed by some one you like.

2. HeavyHeart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ask him out, if he says no then at least you'll have your answer and you can try to move on

3. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ah, if only it was that easy.

OP, does he have a group of friends that he talks normally or is he quiet with everyone, including you? I'm asking this because he may be just really introverted or shy.
    Also, does he drop any hints about his sexuality?

4. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

my thoughts exactly lol.. if only if it was that easy.
    i dont see him ever really talking to people. he does talk in class a little... but its normally when i directly bring him into the conversation or if the professor asks him to answer a question. while we were out for that class project thing, after we finished we ended up at a diner and got some food. he did talk about a friend or two but idk who they are. i think he is shy but when i do get him talking he seems comfortable, but short spoken.

onto his sexuality, thats been tough. i try and keep my mind from the stereotype but without talking to him a lot it makes it hard to tell, ya know? i try to watch his eyes (i know if you watch mine enough you will definitely think im gay), but they haven't really been much help. if i go by the stereotype then a little points toward gay, or at least a little feminine, such as the way he walks, talks, he always dresses a bit on the nicer side... but honestly that does not mean much. its just been so frustrating. :dry: i tried to look him up on Facebook to try and get a better idea, but he does not have one so that was a bust lol.

i dont know what to do. like honestly the only thing i can think of is ask him on a walk, and like i said i dont know that he will want to. and if he does say yes... what do i talk about?

5. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well he's most likely a very reserved guy, which means you'll have to be the one who makes a move to get closer. If he's shy, he may actually enjoy your company, but doesn't know how to properly show it to you (I'm shy too and often do this), so he may appear uninterested. By what you're saying, it seems like you're his only friend in class, so I think he at least values your friendship.
    If you're a bit scared or think it's gonna be awkward to ask him to go for a walk, you could just ''ran into'' him when he's walking around and have a conversation from there. I guess you could always just talk about college if you lack a topic.
    Anyway, it looks like you don't know much about him, so first I'd try to get closer to learn about his interests (he's gotta have some). Reserved people like him often only share it with people that they trust, Meanwhile you can also observe any more hints about his orientation.

6. HeavyHeart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do think it's important to get to know someone, but if you don't know his sexuality and you're interested in him romantically, you need to make it known that you are romantically/sexually interested in him, otherwise that may lead to confusion or 'friend zone.' If you're ok being friends with this person, I think being indirect and friend-like is ok, but if you want to be with him romantically/sexually, you need to let him know.