1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChameleonSoul, Nov 22, 2014.

1. ChameleonSoul

This is going to be a long post so skip to the end if you don't feel like reading a wall of text.

So there is the guy in the grade below me in two of my classes and is a fellow officer in one of the school clubs I'm in. I met him when I was in tenth grade through some mutual friends when he moved to my area from Arizona that year. I found out that he was gay that next year and even though he isn't out to everyone, he doesn't hide it if comes up in conversation. I didn't say anything to him since I was still confused about my sexuality and deep in the closet.

Recently though, I've noticed that he's been saying subtle things that could be taken as flirting (starting conversations, complementing my work, etc.). I dismissed it for the most part, thinking it was just my mind playing tricks on me. But with these past few weeks, he's been a lot less subtle (spending more time with me, choosing groups with me in it, complements of appearance, etc.). The main reason I'm asking this is because we were working at an event with the club we're both in. Halfway through it, I left to make a supply run and when I came back I swear I heard him saying something about some guy that he liked that he wasn't sure was gay.

As for if I like him back... well, we have a lot in common, he's probably one of the sweetest people I know, and I could easily see him being my boyfriend if things work out between us.

Do you think I'm reading into things too much? How could I go about coming out to him or reciprocate his actions without raising any eyebrows? Has anyone been in a similar situation before?

2. David21201

as my dear friend once put it: "Grow a pair and ask him about it!"
    Then theres me... You like him. He seems to like you. He's out to you. Are you out to him?
    What do you think he'd do if you told him you liked him?
    Just try to be i dunno... direct but indirect. Maybe try flirting back?
    (I wasnt very helpful lol, but i tried)

3. ChameleonSoul

I just don't know how I could go about coming out to him. Should I mention this one LGBT conference that I'm going to in January? It would be a subtle (or not-so subtle) way of saying "Hey I'm gay too!"

Another thing I'm worried about is my family finding out. I'd be fine with being open about it to any of my friends or even complete strangers, but there's only about one or two family members that wouldn't react badly to me dating another guy. I had originally planned on coming out in college when I would be financially independent, but this changes things. So yeah, there are other reasons for me not to "grow a pair and ask him about it."

#3 ChameleonSoul, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014