1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I make friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WaitandBleed, Nov 22, 2014.

1. WaitandBleed

WaitandBleed Guest

From middle school and upward, I literally can't make any friends. It's not even to the point where it's just people don't know me so aren't my friends, but people avoid me to. If I sit in the cafeteria, no one sits at the same table unless they have to, and if I'm in class, I'm always the last person picked in partner activities, and the teacher has to assign me someone. It's not that I care that I don't have friends because I'm adjusted, I just am kind of tired of looking pathetic because I always have to be forced into contact.

My school is really conservative, and a lot of them know I'm some form of LGBT, my class think I'm a gay girl because they don't know I'm trans, and all the underclassmen (from what I hear) assume I'm a straight/gay guy. It's kind of a situation where I know posting about it isn't going to change anything because it's too far gone by now, but I just feel like after high school meeting people will be even harder because their is less forced contact.

2. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think after high school it will get better.

I get that after you don't have as much forced contact, but you likely won't be surrounded by any of the same closed-minded people that you were before.
    Honestly, I'm so ready to be done with high school for that reason. Only a year left!
    I have friends, but don't feel connected with really any of them.

I think high school is such a small part of our lives, that after things will be different, at least in some way. In school, people are so cliquey.. I think being out in the world opens things up so much more.

I guess, all the advice I have is to make connections with people when you can, and keep up hope that things will get easier! :slight_smile: