1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think this guy likes me...but he has a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by unknownjourney, Nov 23, 2014.

1. unknownjourney

--WARNING: LONG POST-- :icon_sad: sorry
    So just let me start by saying , I am a closeted gay male (I'm still a bit confused but im gonna settle down with that) well I am out to a few friends. I am only keeping this to myself right now because I live in a town where hottest gossips spreads like wildfire :eusa_doh:.Pretty much everyone knows everyone.. When people ask me if Im gay , I don't deny nor confirm it; I just say 'what do you think' or 'why ? are you interested?' in a kind of a joking manner.I just feel bad denying it , I feel like I've gone back to this old in denial teenager that I was 3 years ago. So I'm keeping this to myself until I get my own life , career and last but not the least out of this town. Can't afford being kicked out by my parents just in case. :confused:

So I work in a restaurant inside a hotel , he works for the hotel. Whenever we bump into each other we seem very awkward like we don't know what to say to each other and I seem so nervous when I am around him and I can feel that he is too. We would stare at each other first and then we say hello but sometimes I have to be the one who has to look away. and the way he stares isn't like a how a straight guy would. It lingers and while his head turns to a different direction , his still staring at me. And I noticed if you are attracted or at least interested you would kind of do this (its just my observation , I could be wrong )He always offers me a lift a home but I always find an excuse because in the car it just gonna be so awkward ! so much tension , and I'm always afraid of saying the wrong thing. Although Recently, something happened where everyone is so busy including the hotel staff and I needed help moving the table we borrowed from the hotel , and I was asking my co workers to help but no one seems to notice at all , they couldn't even hear me but him. He was walking past me and he managed to pay attention to me. So he helped me , it was really awkward. I thanked him and that's when I noticed he might actually like me? we were talking ( still awkward) but he tries to avoid eye contact and so did I but he does this thing where he stares but turning his head to a different direction but this time it was shorter. That time , we were on the same area ; whenever he walks past I can notice him staring at me. Most of the time , I tell myself that I am reading into this too much though its frequent so I thought I should look into this. There was also times when I ignore him because of my conscience .. I tell myself to avoid liking/falling for people who has a partner and obviously if he doesn't swing that way , and I noticed when I came into the break room (the restaurant and the hotel share the same break room) he walked out and didn't finish his food and stored the rest his food in a take away container.he also looked mad. I felt really bad! I'm not sure if I was the reason or it was something else but I had a feeling it was because of me. So back to the time when helped me carry the table, after the night ended I finally told myself to man up , and accepted his offer to give me a lift home. I noticed when he was changing clothes in the locker room ; he was really fast haha. So the ride home was awkward , but not as bad as I thought it would be. We were talking the whole but constantly thinking what to say , the conversation didn't really glide naturally. When we got to my house , his girlfriend called .. and thanked him and said goodbye. I noticed as I walked to my house , his eyes followed me .. It was a nice feeling but had a bit of guilt because he was talking to his girlfriend so I was really confused. He is a very a masculine guy which is why I never thought he couldn't be gay. I am still unsure of his sexuality thats why I back off most of the time , and I just tell myself he is being friendly. But why am I so sure about his interest in me? It feels different , I have less doubts or not even one! before my I always crush on straight whom I thought were gay and I would look into the smallest things and in the end they were totally straight. So please help :help: I don't know what to do , :tears: since this year I noticed a lot more people are interested in me (not to be cocky , but I've always thought I was very very unattractive) and guys checking me out like ive never received such attention! which gives me a confidence boost. Sometimes I get , random facebook request and some guys are so attractive , I don't even know why they add me!I don't even know them. But to be honest , I think I may have found someone who likes me back! well my feelings are growing really fast. I finally feel less insecure with someone who I like and It would be really nice if he really likes me back. It gives me hope but at the same time he has a girlfriend which bothers me because I'm a sensitive person and If I was in her shoes (for instance) I wouldn't feel good about it, I'd feel betrayed and hurt! So please help me , how do I figure this out?

2. mlansing

I think you should follow your instincts and not bother with people in relationships. It's ok to have a crush, but after a month or so of having the crush with nothing happening you should tell yourself to move on and just stick to that. If he ends up breaking up with this girl and wants to give you more rides home then accept and see what happens, but don't wait around for him. In fact don't wait around for anybody, ever. I would say see what's going on with these other guys checking you out.

3. unknownjourney

thats right , but being at the same place it's bit hard now to get over him . He always gives me attention! :frowning2: that I never had in my whole life

4. mlansing

I understand completely. There's this guy in my program at school who is really gay and totally into me and I'm totally into him....but he has a boyfriend. It seemed like for the first time in my life I was actually close to having something work out with a guy. But he's still in a relationship, and still unattainable, despite how attainable he would be under different circumstances. Therefore, I am just wasting my time thinking about him, and unfortunately I think you are too. If you decide to move on in your heart he might take notice and want to take action, or he might move on too. Either way, I think it is in your, and my, best interest to move on and just leave people in relationships be.

5. unknownjourney

thank you! I hope I can get over him but it just sucks being stuck in this situation.oh well