1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loss of best friend made me start self-harming

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wilzyax, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Please help, I don't know what to do!
    I've posted a thread earlier, if someone want to know the whole story behind my new issue with self-harming: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...328-really-depressed-because-best-friend.html

I've tried talking with people i depend in about how I started getting depressed after my best friend abruptly ended our friendship for no reason. He won't talk to me, he blocked my number and I have no idea what I did wrong! And it really hurt, we used to do everything together, and suddenly he hates me :frowning2:

So in the last day I started cutting, something I have never thought I would start doing.... I know the self-harming would stop if my friend come back, if he started talking to me again, and I can't seem to stop the self-harming because it hurts so much, knowing that my best friend not want to have anything to do with me anymore....

People think it must be something else, that I can't be that depressed because I just "lost a friend". And it really hurt that no one understand how much I miss him, miss what we had, how I would wish for everything to be just like it used to be three weeks ago...

What can I do, please help! :frowning2:

2. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It should have been "So in the last days I started cutting". I have self-harmed for 3 or 4 days now, because I can't seem to forget him....

3. kaminari

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That friend is a flipping douche bag. What the heck? Who would do that to someone else? It must be like emotionaly torture. Even though I suspect your friend is questioning himself, he's going about it the wrong way. The reason he shut you out may be because his possible attraction to you.

Hun, please don't self-harm. Use a rubber band to snap yourself hard or even hold several icecubes in your hands till they melt. Maybe the urge to cut will have gone. Stop now before you become dependant on it. I scratched myself with a ruler, but even that became addicting. There are other ways to cope with your pain.

4. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wilzyax, I want to start by telling you that as I read you story I am crying again because I too just lost my best friend and its over something stupid that I should have said years ago . I am sorry that he is doing this to you ,I am in love with my best friend and have been basically since we meet in the 4th grade . He just recently told me that he knew this for a long time and he had feelings for me to but he had to distanced him self from me because he need to move on . I only wish I would have done something sooner . I think that maybe he is scared to acept that he might be gay or bi what ever it is and that he has feelings for you and does not know how to deal with them . I know this maybe hard for you but try and give him a little space and who knows maybe he will come around and start talking to you again . Please don 't cut your self or harm your self in any way . I did try to end it all more than one time and I can tell you that I now see that is not the right thing to do it is the cowards way out of the problem and I am ashamed of my self for trying to hurt my self !! I do wish you would stop hurting your self instead talk to us here that is what we are here for to help you . I am here if you want to talk please message me anytime OK . I wish you all the luck and peace in the world :slight_smile:

5. QueHaPasado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You're already on the right track right now: you're talking about it. Keep doing that! Keep posting new threads on here and asking for advice on the forums. Better yet, talk to someone trustworthy in person, but if you don't have that, know that there are many many supportive people here.

6. shinji

shinji Guest

Instead of feeling self pity, start getting angry at this idiot, who hurt you like this. He doesn't deserve your attention, you... doing this to yourself, because of him. He is the one who should suffer, not you. Think about him, think how miserable his life might be right now. Find peace of mind, in knowing that you now know this person's true "colors" and can move forward, towards better friendships.

7. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    HTML:

I sure will, I have someone close to me that I talk to, not too much, but I have them when I feel down. I am really thankful for this forum, and all of you that gives me advice and offer me help and support :slight_smile:
    I want to stay strong :slight_smile:

8. HeidiJones1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have had a lot of best friends walk out on me and sometimes i have felt that low i have wanted to start self-harming, but then i realized that doing it would not bring them back. I am sure there are other people who care for you in your life. I have had 3 people who are very close to me self harm and one on the edge of suicide, it doesn't feel good for the people around/close to you either. Just think of that before you do it next time, that it doesn't only effect you xxx