1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning off emotions... Apathy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shinji, Nov 25, 2014.

1. shinji

shinji Guest

Quick intro:

So, recently this person who i felt close to, decided to suddenly cut all communication with me, and to top it all off, he then proceeded to act as if nothing happened. Naturally i didn't take it quite too well, proceeded to spam the shit out of him demanding an explanation and that might have pushed them further away. Still not sure what happened there...

Gave him several days to think about at least giving an explanation and, to be honest, i'm no longer expecting one. Seeing as how casual they are towards the whole situation.

Not saying it's their fault, it's mine for allowing myself to trust someone and for being too clingy/loving, and simply not good enough. I mean, this whole situation, kind of reminded me, of why i didn't bother to care for people in the first place, before coming here on EC. I don't hate the guy, just, feel bad for wasting my energy on him.

Fast forward to this morning.

Anyway, today i woke up and was like... I actually, no longer feel anything for my parents, or dog... or siblings, or aunt, or... yeah, pretty much everyone who i should care for.

I know it's wrong, but... my question is, how much wrong is it exactly. And is it a momentary lapse of emotions or will it stay forever. I'm not worried, just curious.

Planning on talking to my shrink about it, and after that, finally telling him that i won't be scheduling a new appointment. He is simply of no use to me any longer.

So now i'm not exactly sure how i should feel, or if i should feel anything at all. I mean, i'm pretty much okay, being like this, as it's quite a familiar state, for me.

In conclusion, just venting. I know no one reads these long posts so, i'm not actually expecting a reply here. Just documenting my thoughts, out of boredom.

2. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just two weeks ago my best friend as well cutted all communication with me as well. I think I pushed him to much, wanting an explanation, when I just should have waited it out and giving him some space. BUT I dicided that even thought I keep myself at distance from him, I won't give up on him. Yes it hurts to suddenely lose contact with someone you're close to, but I think it's just a phrase, and that everything will go back to normal again with time.
    In your case, I think your friend has a reason, maybe your friend just has a hard time or struggles finding himself. So please don't give up on the guy, give him some days or weeks, and from there try making small pep talks, and slowly rebuild your friendship with him.
    For I guess that he doesn't have it any easier than you, and who knows maybe he takes this even harder than you.
    So don't give him up or give him your cold shoulder, but be there for him and support him when he is ready to take you back. For I think he will come back, just give him some time :wink:

#2 Wilzyax, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014