1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm lost, getting discouraged.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MightNeedThis, Nov 27, 2014.

1. MightNeedThis

Hey, ECers. This may be part pity party and part advice seeking. So, I'm sorry for the pity-party, I promise I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

So, about a year ago I gave a girl my number. She texted me, told me she thought I was cute and sweet and that she had a girlfriend. I was bummed, but moved on.

Two or three weeks ago I ran into her again at her work. This time she slipped me her number, and I texted her the next day. We chatted, flirted and she asked if I was single and told me she was too, so I asked her out, and asked her if it was too soon. She said it wasn't, so we made tentative plans. I didn't want to suffocate her, so I didn't text her daily, but I'd still try. We had to reschedule our date, and I texted her asking if that day was still doable and said to let me know when she knew.

She never got back to me. So, I texted her the next day and I never heard from her.

So, I'm frustrated. I know people can change their minds, it just caught me so off guard. I'm still debating about texting er after the holiday but I'm afraid of coming about as some kind of creep, which I don't want to do. But if it's all some weird misunderstanding, which I'm assuming it's not but hoping that it is, I don't want to miss my chance.

I'm just frustrated. Meeting people is hard, and I'm sick of being alone.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

People who suddenly stop writing/texting deserve a kick in the teeth.

She is being an inconsiderate jerk, regardless of what reasons she might have.

Text her this "If you decide to do something, give me a call."

By doing this, you leave it to her, to decide if she wants anything to happen. What she does not know however, is that by the time she is reading said message, you would have already given up on her (and, do try to do this, as it will put things in perspective).

No need to obsess over people like this. It's not rocket science to send a line of text, regardless of how busy a person might be.

3. I am Kakashi

If it's been a few days, I would just call her, and ask that she return your call or text, even if she is no longer interested. That way you can move on. I would probably even throw in a dash of guilt trip with "it would be the polite and considerate thing to do".

4. MightNeedThis

So the day I was getting the balls up to text her and tell her off, she beat me to it. Still not sure what exactly what it means, but a few days later we texted all night, so we will see were it goes, but I'm proceeding with a touch more caution. We'll see, thanks you guys :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile: