1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate being single.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by unknownuser1990, Nov 28, 2014.

1. unknownuser1990

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been single for a very long time and everyone I've grown up with is now married/living with someone/shagging about. Sometimes, I wonder if it's something about me. Is it the way I look (slightly overweight - not the slim Adonis I need to be)? Is it my personality? The way I conduct myself? What is it that bars me from happiness in the company of another?

I'm really lonely. I've tried and tried and tried to find love but it keeps moving just out of my reach. I'm worried that I'll end up some pathetic, run-down, past-it bachelor with two dogs, some of my own teeth and a lifetime misspent.

Even if I'm wrong, what about all I've missed so far? I should be out fucking or dating and I just can't. It's terrifying. Everyone I consider is so far out of my sad, fat league that they wouldn't even bother so trying is beyond pointless. I give up.

Haven't I done the hard bit? Come out, got serious with someone, had my heart broken.... Shouldn't I be able to enjoy my twenties before they morph into my 30's, 40's, 50's and so on and the same cycle of depression, self-hatred and painful jealousy and loneliness gets worse.

How do "they" do it? Those other guys who are out there having fun, getting hurt, licking their wounds, licking other things and then eventually finding "that guy" to settle down with. They get it all and I'm unable to get even the faintest glimmer of hope and happiness in this lonely world of mind.

Am I so painfully unattractive and boring that it just won't happen for me? I hope not but I fear so.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really much to go on to answer effectively, so a few questions:

1. Where do you live?
    2. Do you find ways to put yourself in a position to meet people?
    3. To you have a balanced life between work/school and personal time?
    4. Are you outgoing, introverted, what other type of personality do you have?

Physical characteristics are such a minor factor, there is a shape, size and build for everyone out there. The question is, what are you doing or not doing to find someone?