1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All my crushes end up hating me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sepulse, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I don't get very many crushes, but when I do they always end up hating me. There's this girl I used to have a crush on when I was fourteen. She's gay, but she didn't end up liking me. She kept dating a lot of girls. I later found her on a dating site. I sent her a few messages, but she only replied once. I guess she realized it was me. All the people that have liked me are not my type. They're either guys or super butch or awkward girls.

2. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    considering the amount of information you're presenting here is vague, i really only have one opinion i can gather from this.

are you smothering your crushes? nobody likes somebody that's all in their face and clingy. it's insanely obnoxious. you can be the prettiest girl in the crowd but if you don't give me breathing room, it won't go anywhere. just asking because you stated that you sent her a few messages. if someone doesn't reply after one message, there's no need to continue blowing them up. it steers people away.

3. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I didn't send her a few messages in a row. We just exchanged a few messages. She replied to the first message, but not the second one. I did say some stupid things to her when I was fourteen, but I'm now eighteen. Maybe I should have talked to her on facebook. I've tried approaching her before, but never for a date. I guess I'm just an awkward freak who only attracts awkward freaks.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you considered maybe your crushing on the wrong type of person if your finding yourself ins consistent trend? Have you considered the character traits of the people you have crushed on and thought about whether they really are compatible with your personality? It could have nothing to do with messages, looks, intellect and simply personality differences.

When I look back on those that I had crushes on when I was younger, particularly the ones where it did not go amywhere, I realized those crushes had personalities that I admireed because they were perceived characteristics which I lacked and which I thought I wanted. Rather than being true to myself and finding someone that fits my personality, I was looking for people that filled voids that I had.

Some food for thought.....

#4 OnTheHighway, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  5. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

Yup that pretty much describes me. :frowning2: I'm attracted to people who have traits that I think I lack and want. I'm also attracted to people who lack traits that I dislike about myself. Maybe I'd be able to date people who have different weaknesses than me.

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you need to set some reasonable objectives for yourself, achieve those objectives, and build some confidence. Take baby steps building confidence, and before you know it, those negative perceptions will disappear!