1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recently discovered bisexual needing guidence.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shakti, Nov 28, 2014.

1. shakti

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there!

So i need some advice. I recently discovered that i am bisexual. It was something i had always suspected was in me but didnt know because i had never had any experiences with women. But about a year ago i finally realized that i was right all along when i had my first intimate experience with a girl. Ever since then i've been kind of unsure how to approach the whole thing. I am married to a man and am in a poly relationship but have recently been finding myself more and more attracted to women and not to men.

So my biggest question is how does the whole dating thing work with girls?

How do you know if someone is potentially bi or gay? Are there things people look out for?

How can you be confident that someone is actually gay when they think that they are?

How do you approach girls? I'm pretty timid and am fearful that i will never be able to express myself to the fullest if i am unable to aproach women and know if they are interested or not.

Also if there is any other advice you can tell me about experiences you have as a bisexual or with bisexuals let me know please. I feel a little lost in the dark in this arena.

2. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my biggest question is how does the whole dating thing work with girls?
    a homosexual relationship works in the same manner as a heterosexual relationship. i mean everyone has their own personal morals, boundaries, guidelines, etc. for a relationship. that's a personal decision. but how does the phrase go...? "i parked my car today, i didn't gay park it." - in another words, a relationship is a relationship.

How do you know if someone is potentially bi or gay? Are there things people look out for?
    you can never be 100% sure without asking or figuring it out in a conversation. of course there's certain indicators like someone reppin' a pride bracelet or something along those lines.

How can you be confident that someone is actually gay when they think that they are?
    nobody knows your sexuality better than yourself. just like you don't know someone else's sexuality better than they do. i don't really understand this question, honestly.

How do you approach girls? I'm pretty timid and am fearful that i will never be able to express myself to the fullest if i am unable to aproach women and know if they are interested or not.
    personally, i get hammered and talk their ear off. it works for some reason. people seem to find me hilarious or a mysterious asshole. how you should approach people depends on the atmosphere and your comfort zone.

3. shakti

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So you basically just go for it and see if they are into it? I understand that a relationship is a relationship, i guess i ment more like, how do you cue into whether its appropriate to ask them out or not.

I have a huge crush and this girl i work with and i don't know how to approach the whole asking a girl out without making her feel awkward.

Yikes, i'm so clueless at the whole dating thing. Haven't done much dating ever...

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

There aren't really any cues to knowing someone is gay unless they come out to you. Usually I try to keep things platonic and have small talk to find out what their stance is on LGBT issues, since it can sometimes be dangerous to flirt with someone you don't know is gay.

Like the above poster works, dating pretty much works the same as with guys, just you have to make sure they're gay/bi or not with some small talk.

I would also be honest about the poly relationship as well, as you want to build a relationship out of honesty and make sure they're supportive.