1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice about approaching someone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nicc, Nov 29, 2014.

1. nicc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey!

I recently accepted the fact that I am bisexual. I am quite inexperienced in dating with guys, that's why I would like your advice. This week I met randomly through a common friend a really nice guy. We had a short discussion about various topics from politics to philosophy and he made me a good first impression. He also recommended me to read a book, which I really enjoyed. Anyways I accidentally added him on fb , but we have some mutual friends so he won't assume I am a stalker :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Also I know that he is gay/bi. I am quite picky in general (don't do it on purpose), and since I find him attractive I would like to approach him but don't really know how. It seems a bit weird to ask him out for a coffee-drink since I barely know him. What would you recommend me to send him, as a way to break the ice/get to know him better?

thanks in advance :grin:

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you know he is gay/bi, then asking him to Grab a coffee might be the perfect ice breaker. Be honest that after recently meeting him, you thought it would be nice to get to know him better and would he be up for a coffee. It's non threatening and does not suggest anything more than getting to know him.