1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are all the good guys straight???

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by whereamigoing, Nov 29, 2014.

1. whereamigoing

Well hello again empty closets its me again. yes me whereamigoing, best known for his mondo depressing thread about his ultimately failed love story. Well reflecting on that thread and on some recent events in the life of this extremely stupid 15 year old i have come to the simple conclusion that i shall never find a guy for me, at least not within high school. and all the guys that i would love to love they all "seem" to be straight.

The original thread guy- old friend, hot, funny, caring. Almost perfect. Knows I'm gay and stuff went down. Swears hes straight but i think he's locked in the closet.

Metrosexual, foodie, gentleman, hopeless romantic- very metro in manner and dress, has a pinterest for men's fashion and gourmet food he makes, took etiquette classes, parents love him, acts like a puppy dog around girls he likes. Knows I'm gay and is a close friend.

Arrogant hilarious nerdy teddy bear- tall and cub-ish, funny as hell, thinks most people are stupid, giant gamer nerd like me. Most people assume he's straight and he's asked out a girl but when its just me and him he acts very metro and lets me call him my sugar daddy and sit on his lap. Doesn't know I'm gay but (hopefully) is beginning to suspect. May be gay maybe straight. Idk.

That one hot senior you only really know cuz you're junior friend is in his drama class- hot funny, can act, is older and at least metro. Pretty much a dream boat. Not sure if he knows my name, let alone my sexuality. Never could have him cuz he's going off to college and he's 18 so even if i did it would be rape...

Why are all the good guys straight, or seemingly straight? Are any of these guys seemingly not?

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's not much help now, but just wait until after high school when you are out on your own, living where and how you want. You will find that all the really good guys are gay--and if you ever doubt it you can just ask you straight female friends.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can neither confirm, nor deny this, due to limited personal experience. However...there is a joke about this:

Q. Why is it so hard for women to find a nice, sensitive man?

A. All those men already have a boyfriend.​

#3 BMC77, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  4. ThatSwedishGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well those guys aren't any good. They're either straight or in the closet. You need to find someone who is gay and open about for a couple of reasons:

1. If either they or you aren't out, how will you find out that you may potentially like each other?

2. If he's not gay, he'll never be into you and you just have to move on because you're wasting your time and energy.

I'd say you should just assume that all of these crushes are straight so you can move on and try to find someone who is really worth your while. You could check out some places where other, openly gay guys hang out or maybe try a dating site or something :slight_smile:.

5. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard a lot of women say this, too ....

Finding the right person takes time for everyone, and most of us will have a few unrequited crushes and failed relationships before we get there. That way you can appreciate it more, I guess.

6. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am right there with you, dude. I met a beautiful guy who seemed into me, and I did some investigate (read: Facebook lurking) and found out he's in a relationship with a woman and has a child, so there's that. Someone I loved with all my heart and had a "will they/won't they" kind of romance with in high school turned out to be straight (well he never actually said it) and turned me down when I told him how I felt. It's a long line of failures that will make success so much sweeter, especially when you're no longer confined to the small social circle of high school. I can attest that being confident and being your own boyfriend for a while is key to shedding off romantic angst. I'm still learning this, but I'm getting better, and it makes life so much easier. You stop feeling your chest ache whenever you see a couple making out on tumblr.

7. whereamigoing

So guy number 3 got a girlfriend today.... and i still haven't told him I'm gay. hopefully ill grow the cajones to do it soon. Me and my bff (who just left her bf) have agreed to a no dating pact.

8. Oh hai

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't I know it! The guy I like is PERFECT. Nice, great personality, gorgeous, etc. And straight...plus if he was gay/bi he wouldn't like me.

9. Brenndo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I never know where the gays are... 0.o

10. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They only exist on the internet, like a Gay Matrix.

11. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, last time I was in Miami it was practically like Chicago--by which I mean you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a gay guy.:lol:

12. whereamigoing

This is beautiful

Wow, last time I was in Miami it was practically like Chicago--by which I mean you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a gay guy.:lol:[/QUOTE]