Ugh... so fucking tired of my parents fighting

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MatthewJS, Nov 30, 2014.

1. MatthewJS

the title says it all!

my parents are constantly fighting every single FUCKING day. it is annoying the hell out of me. there are times where I wish they would get a divorce so all of this can stop and adding stress to each other

my father was once in the military and he came back with PTSD. when he came back, im pretty sure he kept repeating things and is like that today. and that ticks off my mom and she blows up.

when they both fight, my mom brings up the past (he kinda spoken to some whores when he was overseas), complains about my dad's repetitive nature with talking, or just flips out when something little happens that my dad does.

my mom ALWAYS starts the fights

ugh! I just cant stand all of this constant fighting. makes me wish to leave my family's house! :confused: :***: :bang:

2. whereamigoing

First off, sorry about this ridiculous crap that you have to deal with. I grew up in a house like this so i know where you're coming from. Divorce may help, but it could also really hurt you and your parents. Sometimes the right optuon isnt the smartest option. so if they won't divorce here are a few tips.
    one: tell them that they are the adults in the house so they should act like it. being emotionally shallow and easily agitated is supposed to be the teenagers job.
    two: tell them if they have to fight to do it when you're not around.
    Three: take a walk up and down your street/neigborhood. hopefully when you get back it'll be all over but if not, just repeat
    four: do not pick a side or ever, ever get involved. my mom and dad always looked to me to back one up and every time i would voice who i thought was right the other didn't like me for a while. so don't get involved
    five: this requires speakers and music and a bedroom, assuming you have all of these, walk into your room and blast the music so that you can't hear them or even your own thoughts.
    six: vacuum in the room they are fighting in. having to yell over the vacuum will annoy them and they'll eventually give up.
    Eight:run into the room screaming gibberish and then colapse and have a fake seizure. they'll be so worried about you they'll set aside they're bs until you assure them it was just a ruse to stop their fight.

hope these help and feel free to post on my wall if you have any other questions

---------- Post added 30th Nov 2014 at 11:18 PM ----------

I didn't put a seven
    so ill go with run into the room scream help quick help and then run out. one will leave and thus it shall end.

3. MatthewJS

I have a pretty small house to live in. my room is literally right next to the living room and I hear whatever is going on in there. I do have music, but I wasn't in the mood for music when they argued today. even my siblings are tired of them arguing. my dad does have PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder) from the army. and I cant walk because I am bed rested from my surgery earlier last month, and if I am able to, I still wont because it is fucking cold out in my hometown .__. (I live in Alaska)

4. Doorway

Headphones. Or boxing style commentary.

5. David21201

Do what my girlfriend does... go stay with friends. There was a point where she actually lived with my other friend and now she practically lives with me.
    Stay with family.
    Hell go find my aunt that lives in Alaska! She'll help

6. MatthewJS

well... I pretty much don't have friends and I don't really go out of the house during winter.

haha good advice from you.

7. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah man, I can't provide any more advice than these guys have. :frowning2: Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about their relationship, but it's horrible to have to listen to that all the time. I'm sorry that your dad's sick too, I hope he makes a recovery from his PTSD.

Basically, I just want to say I'm sorry you have to go through this and you're not alone.

8. whereamigoing

I'm sorry about all that stuff. my dad has ptsd problems too. he even has a therapy dog (that hates me) just know you're not alone. hope it gets better dude

9. Oh hai

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ouch. Similar story over here. My mom will leave for a few days in a huff, then come back like nothing happened. Pretty sure she's having an affair.

10. thoughtbubble

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Reading your post is like reliving the past for me. When I was younger, my parents would always fight. The only difference is that sometimes it would get physical. I always protected my mom, but that meant I would have to be beaten instead of her. This went on since I was a child (when I was 4 he broke my fingers) until I was 16. Living with them was hell. I remember I too wished they would get a divorce. When I was 18, I even paid for it but then my mom got cold feet. Seems depressing but thats not the point of this post. I still live with them, but things are better. They argue sometimes but I just let them be. This is how they get along. In a weird way (very weird) I guess my parents do "like" each other. Fighting is just a way they do things. Now they fight less and I'm not home much (I'm either in school or working). Things seem bad now but just remember that one day you WILL be able to change things (moving out). For now, my best advice is to find a way to cope with it. I found writing and watching tv helped (or do complicated HW).