1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always had crush on good friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dayday4, Dec 1, 2014.

1. dayday4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I'll keep this short. I've been friends with this guy for years, and ever since I first met him I've had a thing for him. Always. It was the reason I broke up with my boyfriend, because I still had feelings for this guy, underlying feelings. I've never told him, because I know he has had a Hong for my friend Lucy and he's only just gotten over her.
    He asked me to a dance a few years back as a back up and it really hurt me.
    We've been texting for 7 hours each day for the last few days and I really want to see him in person again.hes always initiating the conversations and we usually end them together mutually have to do other things. We just finished high school and have been out of it for around 2 weeks and I'm starting university soon. I've wanted to kiss him for along time, and date him for maybe the same amount of time but I'm both bisexual and demisexual so I worry that, if we start dating I will meet new people, he will meet new people, it will be bad. I think he just thinks of me as a friend but there's always been an underlying chemistry and he remembers stuff I've told him in the past and we have a lot of fun together. Idk. Any advice?

#1 dayday4, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see that your sexuality should be a stumbling block for a relationship. :slight_smile: If you like each other, then you like each other- it won't matter that at least one of you is bisexual. I know a bisexual man who's very happily married to a straight girl.

Now, as for if you should risk it and tell him how you feel, that's a tough one. Only you can really say how strongly you feel. :slight_smile: I think it's always tough when the two of you are about to separate and go your separate ways in life- it does make a new relationship difficult, but not impossible. If I was to take a wild stab in the dark, I'd say that texting 7 hours a day does seem to imply there's at least some chemistry there! Do you think he'd really mind if you told him how you feel?

3. dayday4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much for replying!
    I didn't mean to make my sexuality sound like a road block, I'm not even sure why I included it to be honest
    I don't think he'd mind, but Im not really sure. We've been friends for almost 3 years and he asked my friend Lucy to take his virginity.
    It's an odd situation
    I just don't like rejection and, I'm not sure if I'd work out due to us moving in such different directions and different parts of the city in a month or so

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a difficult one, I agree. It's strange when you've been friends so long, to consider changing your relationship. I will say that if he's a good friend, I'm sure he won't be mean to you over it - even if he doesn't feel the same way.

Maybe you should wait until you have moved away, and then reassess your feelings. If you still feel the same, despite the distance and new situation, then you'll know that it's worth pursuing.