1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting for something that may never happen~

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GewfyGlenn, Dec 1, 2014.

1. GewfyGlenn

So...I have been talking to a guy for...several months now (we have met in person a few times).

We met on a social networking app for gay men, and it started as just essentially a "What's up" kind of conversation, but surprisingly turned into many sessions of long talking or texting. I did bring up the idea of dating, and he suggested we wait until I move (about a month from now) and we are a bit closer in distance (170 miles to 50 miles) and we can see what happens then.

I have definitely made it clear that I am interested in getting to know him better, and he did agree, but I am still way insecure about it...we are very different in some respects...
    He has been out for 10+ years, I have been out for...3 months.
    I am a virgin, and am all kinds of nervous about that...I also don't necessarily want to hookup unless I am sure that it is the guy that I will wake up to the rest of my life...or at least I am sure I won't regret losing my virginity to.

My biggest worry, is that maybe the ladder worry will cause me to miss my shot once I do move, and I could end up missing out on a REALLY great guy. Like, he's interesting, level-headed, fun...undeniably sexy, has a great smile (my biggest turn-on)...

I seriously doubt I would regret it if we did indeed "go all the way"...but I am not 100% sure...how do I get passed that.? Blah I am so far inside my head with all this crap.:confused:

2. mangotree

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have been getting to know him and have agreed to meet, have you thought about being upfront with your concerns? If he responds favorably, you know a relationship is worth pursuing further. If his response is negative or one in which he wants to push you to do something your not comfortable with, then that tells a lot about his intentions and isn't it best to know that up front rather than wasting a lot of time?

4. Macolm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Keep in mind that meeting once doesn't mean you have to jump into bed with him -
    I've done that a lot, expected that a lot, and have been with guys who were thinking that way...it messes things up.

If he's really as great as he seems, I'm sure meeting will go just fine :slight_smile:

5. GewfyGlenn

@Macolm - oh I know, I am just worried about what will happen when it DOES come to that

Like I said we have met before, and we actually spent the day together today, and my mindset is definitely changed. This guy is just plain fucking awesome, and irregardless of a relationship happening or not, we have a pretty legit friendship growing. Ride it out and see where it goes.