1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My estranged sister

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Dec 4, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So out of all my family my sister chose not to accept my sexuality. She accepts anybody who is gay but there is something completely wrong with me being gay. She married into a conservative Italian rich family so my theory it's all about money and reputation. The Tynh that gets me she sends me a picture of her daughter for my birthday. I send her a message saying thank you and added nicely that we should work it out and that it would ease the burden on our parents. My mother prays every day that we get along again. So like usual she never responds to my message. She is coward who cannot even say why she won't accept me let alone acknowledge I am gay. Send me clothes for Christmas and a picture of your daughter but cannot grasp me being gay. What is her problem.

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think she saw it coming, and so it's taking time for her to accept that. I myself can accept that there are people with different orientations out there but if my best friend came out as gay it would shock me in a sense that all this time, I never knew.

Since the both of you grew up together, it sounds like she can't accept the fact that all this time, you were attracted to guys and she never knew. Avoiding the topic alone, at least to me, is a clear indicator that she wants to forget that you told her you were gay.

I think it just takes time. I remember when I told my sister I thought I was gay, it shocked her, and she questioned if I was really sure. She has gay friends herself, and she was completely fine with that, but when I told her she got upset. I remember he facial expression, it was the face of "are you... Serious?"

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah it just amazes me out of everyone my own sister can't accept. She has officially known for a year and I don't think she cominib around any time soon. Sry I am being negative but I don't think I should go easy on her . Read my previous posts about her if you wish. It is just horrible the stuff she's done.
    She is 26 already and needs to grow up.

#3 dano218, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She been playing these games far too long. If she can not accept me why she continue to bother me with stuff. I just want her out of my life. It's too much pain and hurt to take it anymore with her. My parents mention her all the and I wish thry stop. But I understand it is hard to see or accept their children hate each other. I just want to forget.