1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused him and confused me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkc119, Dec 4, 2014.

1. clarkc119

clarkc119 Guest

So, there is this boy that I like in school and I am really unsure as to whether or not he likes me back.

He is only in two of my lessons but the mood between us constantly changes by day because we can have days where we cannot stop staring at each other and others where he never looks my way.

There have been other, quite annoying if they mean nothing, things that he does which lead me into thinking he is slightly curious but it could just be him being completely normal because he doesn't want it to be awkward between us (he knows I like him). These things involve him walking close behind me, to the point of him walking into me, and him continuing to be in a group thing that we have at school when he could very easily withdraw. Yes, I understand that this is probably what any normal person would do but when you like someone like this you always scrutinise all their actions.

So, he knows I like him, he walks behind and into me, he always seems to show himself off to his friends when I am around (perhaps to get my attention) and I have noticed the occasional feminine action. But he likes football, which neutralises all these signs of him being gay.

As far as I know he is straight (I haven't asked him) but I am not confident in asking him in case it gets even more awkward. We are not friends and do not talk, again it may be awkward approaching him to start a friendship when he knows I feel this sway to him.

Any advice?

2. Erick

Hi there,

I personally don't think there are any tell-tale signs as to someone's orientation. Especially from what you describe from a situation like this.

All your information seems to be second hand, or observed. When someone wants something, they will often find what they're looking for. I advise you to deal with these fantasies with cold hard facts. Get to know him. Be a friend. In every good, decent relationship I've had, genuine friendship has been a huge part of that. Your partner should be one of your best friends as well as your lover.

That's just my opinion, but it has served me well. There's no way he's going to tell you the truth about stuff unless he trusts you - and you should be the same. Respect yourself*and if you really like him, then you really need to get to know him, as a human being before an object of desire. If it turns out that he isn't bi or gay or whatever, if he's a nice person then you would hopefully have made a good friend. And trust me, the bond of true friendship is something beautiful that will transcend time and physical space.

So take your time, and enjoy the journey. Don't let yourself be carried away by imposed romantic fantasies of others.

Best of Luck.

3. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Yeah, get to know him, invite him over to study, be friends. If he's curious, he may bring it up. You never know until you do. Sometimes you just have to ask, depends on what you want from him, and him you in the end.