1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Word It

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkc119, Dec 5, 2014.

1. clarkc119

clarkc119 Guest

Someone that I know and am quite interested in is thought to be bi by many people in my year, including my best friend.

Obviously before I can make a move I need to find out if these thoughts are true and he is bi or questioning his orientation.

I am asking for advice with asking or hinting to a person to find out of they are bi, subtly. We are not friends, as such, but we are in a few of one another's lessons at school and he is very talkative and caring. Even if we cannot go out I like the relationship we have and think we could become good friends in the future which explains that subtlety that needs to come with my asking of his orientation to avoid shattering the relationship we currently have.

He knows I am bi so I would hope he would be honest but as I said we are not friends so I'm not in the best position to ask him.

Any ideas about how to ask, online or face to face; a straight forward question or hinting at the question? I can't force anything out of him and I am happy with that but before I get to really like him I need to fond out if there is any possibility of us going out.

2. poetofdarkness

Just ask him what his opinion is on same sex marriage and gay people and if you get a good response then continue to ask him if he's ever thought about being with a guy. Hope this helps.

3. Erick

Before anything, I know online would be the most comfortable decision, but if you are considering spending your time as a couple, face-to-face would be the best option. Why I say this is because he will feel special that you had the courage to tell him yourself in person that you have these feelings for him.

Now it would be strange if you didn't know him well, so how might you befriend him? Well school is school, if you cannot hang out with him out of school I suggest asking him for help in a certain subject and it's okay to get nervous! You will just give him a hint that you care for him and feel like you don't want to mess it up. There are multiple ways that you can talk to him. Just a simple "hey what's up" can go a long way.

I advise you to do and say what your heart desires and do not attempt to become someone you are not just for this person.

Best of Luck!