1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual guys like bisexual girls?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bubblyeater, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Bubblyeater

Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I'm turned off by straight guys. So I wonder if any bisexual guys will like a genderfluid kind of masculine girl.

2. Calix

Wouldn't be an issue to me. As long as someone is generally a nice person I'm happy. Appearance isn't a huge thing for me. That might make me more pan than bi, I'm not sure lol.

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to be more attracted to masculine or butch women than feminine women.

4. Adam1969

The answer for me has always been yes! From the age of 5 until now I have always liked "genderfluid kind of masculine girl". We used to call them "tomboys" and they were my favorites. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority and it makes me sad that people dont embrace these women more. For me its not because I am mostly turned on by guys, and want to be with women with similar appearance, Its because they are beautiful, classically handsome and physically confident. Traits I admire in any person. Also, I simply like seeing a persons face and I think short hair frames any face the best. Example, Angelina Jolie, scares the hell out of me! :eek: Ellen DeGeneres, Maddow etc. are striking as hell! :eusa_danc My friends both gay and straight have told me this means I'm gay. Of course I have told them that they are full of shit but many people, regardless of gender, love simplifying these things. I think that sadly some men say they dont like women like this as their friends will harass them! Just guessin!? Also the media has told them its wrong to like woman like this. Pardon the expression but "girl jocks" rock! Oh well, I hope my testimony helps!

I hope people dont mind these expressions I use. When I use a word that I believe general society uses improperly I put it in quotes. (&&&)

5. MrK21

Well, you know straight bi queer, what ever kind of girl I can get :slight_smile:.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To the OP: no. I am only attracted to more feminine women and to conventionally handsome men. I can't help that and it has been that way for a long time. Nor will I apologize for these tastes and give everyone an equal opportunity, as I do not expect others to do the same for me and then whine about it. And, of the two, it's easier to score with guys. Women can play the dangle the carrot game to the point of being annoying.

7. Adam1969

Amen to that!

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really don't care what someone's sexuality is, as long as they accept and understand me. A lot of straight women seem to have silly hangups over bisexuality, so that's one area I wouldn't have to worry about. And I've always preferred androgynous, tomboyish, or gender-variant women (who a lot of times tend to also be into feminine guys, cross dressers, etc.)

9. Adam1969

Yes, I wonder if these women were attracted to me as they sensed I was questioning my sexuality in some way as well. I'd like to think its because I was simply nicer than most men? I HATE sports but I'll gladly sit through a game if I'm crushing on the person playing it. I also liked when they gave me hell for being so easily beaten at sports. That last part is likely some weird submission fetish!? :roflmao:

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm not a guy, but I'm wondering why you're not attracted to straight men? Because I've met straight men who have an ideal 'queer' personality and interests, and I've met bisexual men who are typical 'alpha male' misogynist douchebags. Or is it the actual attraction to men that is attractive?

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a bisexual, I prefer other bisexuals.

This is mostly a response to hurtful experiences I have had both here on Empty Closets and offline with gay-identified individuals.

I just find bisexuals to be more empathetic in the ways I appreciate and understanding of intersectional issues, since they are so category defining. They also tend tolerate exploration and adventure. ^^

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For friendship, I like anyone ... gender, preference, race, religion, etc.

However, I have noticed that I have gotten along with other bisexual guys the best, as far as being friends goes. I've had some good gay friends and some really self-absorbed ones, as in the worst of the whole gamut of friends. I'm also echoing what has been said many times here. Sometimes, straight people, on average, make better friends. They have drama, but it just doesn't seep into the friendship as much. They might tell you about their marital problems or school problems their kids are having but, as far as consistency goes, they come through more reliably. I don't tolerate flakes very well, so I really applaud consistency in friendships, and especially in relationships.

13. Adam1969

I have had similar experiences! It amazes me that so many gay people want/demand understanding, acceptance and respect form the larger society and refuse to give the same to others.

14. Fantie

Fantie Guest

Why would a bisexual refuse to date a bisexual if he or she is bisexual her/himself?