1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend told me he identifies as female?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ElGrace, Dec 7, 2014.

1. ElGrace

So, first things first. I'm female and I've been dating this guy for a couple of weeks. Today, they admitted to me over text that they identify as female and is lesbian. I say I'm straight but I guess I'm open to idea of having a lesbian relationship, I'm not seeking one but if a girl approached me and asked me out I might say yes. Does that make me questioning? Or curious? I'm not sure. But the point is that I don't want this to end our relationship, at least not until I see if it can work, but how do I react? They say they still want to date me and don't want this to change anything, and like I said I want to see if it'll work out, but what do I say in response to this?

2. Calix

Just tell them that you support them :slight_smile: That you don't want the relationship to end either and you want to see where it goes, since that's the impression I get from your post.

I wish both of you much luck! :grin:

3. TraceElement

Just tell them that this is a new experience for you, and are willing to see where it goes between you two. Make sure they know that they have your full support.

As for being approached by a girl, I'm not in your head, but I feel as though you could say you are open to new experiences.

#3 TraceElement, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  4. ElGrace

So, I've said that I completely support them in whatever they choose to do, that I don't want to end it with them unless I'm completely sure that a relationship isn't right for either of us, and that tbh I've realised over the last few days that I'm open to the idea of different sorts of relationships at least until I've seen if it works for me, and I've said I'm happy they feel they can share this with me.....no reply as of yet, so I'll see how it goes and keep people posted if they want to know

:slight_smile: thank you for the help, I knew what I wanted but not how to say it or if it would be welcome/suitable/make things worse so thank you!

5. wanderinggirl

It seems like you're doing the right thing by staying open to the idea. But also if you find that you are no longer getting what you need to out of the relationship, don't feel guilty if you can't stay. You're a wonderful understanding person.