1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a really bad idea?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Calix, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Calix

So I'm still getting over my 2 year relationship I had that ended when I accepted I was trans. On top of that I made the mistake of getting into a rebound relationship which ended with a bad break-up. I'm decided now to remain single for a long time to sort my head out, but I am very self-conscious that I'm already inexperienced/nervous around physical interaction and worried more time will make that even worse.

I'm going to be turning 22 soon and a 29 year old has made his no-strings-attached form of interest clear and I'm starting to wonder if I should actually take him up on this. The only problem is I think I'm demisexual. I struggle to feel comfortable in my skin normally and so need to be with someone I trust/have a bond with. This is someone I know mostly online but we have met in person before and he lives about an hour away. We get on and are good friends so of course I figure this has the potential to get messy emotionally.

And I'm still dealing with the other messy emotional stuff. I'm just not sure whether going for it would be a good idea or not. I've never been the type for one night stands but I've been told by both friends and family that it's a good idea for my confidence, etc. I dunno.

2. Calix

Advice from anyone who's maybe done something similar?? :/

3. Skov

I wouldn't recommend it. It sounds like you guys would be on different pages to start with. He seems to only want the physical aspects, where you seem to be searching for a bond. I can't see that working our in any way :/

I think getting involved would only hurt you in the long run.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

DON'T DO IT. From one demi to the next, It's simply a bad idea (unless you're an aromantic demisexual of course) for people like us and may hurt you or complicate your emotions.

Some people have successful casual sex and that's great, but if you need a bond to be sexually attracted to someone, It's something you will regret.

5. Calix

Hey guys thanks for the replies. We actually talked more yesterday and we both agreed it would be a bad idea xD so we're staying good friends :slight_smile: