1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No one else is gay at thirteen years old.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MissBookworm, Dec 8, 2014.

1. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    :help: I would have just named this "Nobody I know is gay" but I wanted to highlight my specific problem. I'm thirteen, so whether there are people I know at my school, camp, etc. that are gay, they haven't come out yet. I'm basically the only person who is even remotely out of the closet. (My profile page says I'm out to a few people, but it's somewhere in between a few people and some people) Anyway, I find that I have crushes on girls at my school, but I have no way of knowing if they're gay, even if I ask them. Do I just wait it out and see what happens in high school?

2. Covalent

Covalent Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, when I came out as gay (back then I still hadn't accepted my trans* identity), I started noticing all the gay/queer people around me. It's not like the number grew exponentially once I came out, I just noticed people more. I've also found that quite a few people come out between the ages of 13-16, so I'd say you're just now getting to that point where people discover their true sexuality or romantic orientation. Don't worry, more people will come out, or you'll just notice them more. I'd definitely say wait it out, or try to persuade one of your friends to go on a stealth mission to see if the girl talks about liking girls like that. Or, just do it yourself.
    TL;DR You'll be fine, wait it out and don't worry. The gays will come flocking soon enough :slight_smile:

3. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    being the fact that you're 13 - just LIVE LIFE. don't worry about finding a partner.

not to imply that there aren't any other gay 13 year old girls out there, but i feel like most won't come out of the closet until at least 16 or so. and it'll still be a rarity.

editor's note: don't go around asking people if they're gay. it completely sends the wrong message and you'll probably creep a vast majority of people out. if you're interested in these girls, spark typical conversations and then out yourself to them over time and see how they respond to it. and by out yourself, i mean make it clear that you're a lesbian. not that you have a crush on them.