1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I make a grave mistake?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Burnedcloset, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

Hello, this might be long, bear with me.

So lately I have been depressed. About my self esteem and loneliness. I told my family I'm depressed one by one. They all said "you have nothing to be sad about, you must want a girlfriend." Little do they know, I want a boyfriend.

My dad reacted very weirdly. He basically got super depressed. He said "I have to take you to the doctors. You must be crazy like the rest of my children. You don't want to wear a dress or something?". So he wants to take me to a psychiatrist. I'm kind of happy about that. I need to talk out my problems. Did my dad ask me if I wanted to cross dress? Like wtf

Is this a bad move. Using "depression" as an excuse to get to someone I can talk to? I'm actually kind of guilty. Is this going to be bad in the long run. I don't think he's actually going to take me to a psychiatrist. My dad was even about to hit me because I told him I feel ugly.........wtf

2. TraceElement

I would recommend seeing a psychologist instead of a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist (in my experience) deals with meds and a psychologist is more of "talk therapy". It seems like from what you said that you just need someone to talk to about self esteem and loneliness, both of which a psychologist can help you with.

3. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. What you need is someone to talk to, and if it's bad, they can recommend you to a doctor for medicational treatments. And then there's always your friends and staff on EC that can lend you an ear when you need it. Take small steps, and stay strong, buddy. (*hug*)

4. Burnedcloset

Thxs guys, as long as I know I'm not making a mistake for saying I'm in depression. I want to see the psychologist. It would hopefully be good for me