1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving a guy my number?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skov, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Skov

Hey everyone,

There's this guy I see a lot around campus. He works for one of the University buildings. Anyways, I see him every Wednesday afternoon because he works and I have to be at that building. I know that he's gay, single, and extremely cute! I know that he thinks I'm attractive as well.

I want to give him my number before the semester is over because I don't know if I'll see him at all next semester. The issue is that I've never talked to him. I'm just unsure what the best way to go about this would be since he will be at work and we've never really talked.

Thoughts?

2. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this might be a mainstream answer, but just slip him a note with your # attached to it and tell him to text you if he's interested in getting to know you.

i know, i know, everyone thinks text messaging is ruining america. but how awkward would that phone call be? it's easier to break the ice that way.

3. Skov

Lol I wouldn't call him. I'd definitely text him first. I'm just trying to figure out a way to get him that note without it being incredibly awkward

4. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just walk up to him with the folded piece of paper and just be like, this is for you. or, i've been meaning to give this to you. and be confident. i don't really think it's necessary to initiate a conversation really.

5. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did someone tell you that he thinks you're attractive? Maybe that "someone" could set up coffee for the three of you? Might be less awkward.

~Milan

6. Skov

No, they didn't unfortunately. That would be wonderful lol. I've just read his body language well enough to know.

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your uncomfortable with approaching him in person I would suggest if you have facebook to face book message him. I know that is not always the acceptable way but if your a shy person like me than it may be much easier. If not I would get up the courage to approach him and than talk to him. I don't know if I would just ask him out right away that is really up to you and if you think he will react well to that.

8. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Either engage him in small talk. Ask him about his job? Or as someone said facebook and social media is a great way to break the ice when wanting to talk to someone you are too shy to do in real life.

---------- Post added 9th Dec 2014 at 06:52 PM ----------

Lol there is a cute intern or something in the campus administrative building who tried to talk to me by the bathroom, he's are year older, from my high school and he remembers my face from when he went but i don't remember his, I was so nervous I just said," ok you remember me. cool", and I continued walking. When January comes I'm gonna try to talk to him since he broke the i

9. tyler h

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hit on him! Be bold and say something that might be stupid. Tell him how cute he is and then just try to slip him your number. Just a quick little exchange, then the rest is up to him. I honestly do not think that there is any shame in being bold at all. Because it often comes off as attractive, just as long as it isn't a creepy bold.

10. robotman

Just go up to him and just give him your number, I know that it takes alot of courage to do this but if you like him and you know he likes you back you might aswell just go for it and give him your number... You could also suggest or say is he free later on in the day and you two could just hang. I know it seems quite nerve wracking but you will feel so much better if you do it, you never know what could even come of it!!! Good luck dude!

11. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Did you get that idea from a Disney Channel movie?