1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have I lost it?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Doctorlysomethn, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok... I know I write a few of these and I'm sorry for that, but... I'm just... confused about something...

I am in a relationship since the 24th of September, and before... whenever I talked to my boyfriend, whenever I saw a picture of him or whatever, I used to get a little... flutter in my chest... A feeling so amazing... but now.... I kinda don't get it anymore
    I love him so much, I know it's not a question of whether or not I love him because I do! I love him more than anything! I know that deep down in my heart that the question of my feelings for him are not involved because I honestly do love him so so so much! <3

I look at my parents whenever I generally have a question like this, I have asked them questions about what something like this means (they don't know I'm in a relationship, that it's with a guy or that I'm bi)
    I have also asked my sister who I can normally always talk to about this kind of stuff... but all I can conclude is that it is kinda normal to feel this way... but it didn't really answer my question...

I'm just wondering... what does it mean? Have I gotten out of the "Puppy dog" stage of our relationship and am now acting like the other couples do? Is it something from missing him a lot? Or what?

If you could please help me out, that'd be amazing as I don't ever want to lose my boyfriend... I don't want to find out that this feeling is just going to get worse... I want to be with him forever <3

2. lonelymanoflove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know exactly what your talking about and I'm sure a lot of people on here do, or robots you never know! but anyway jokes aside, I persoanly think that your just feeling lonely with him being away, I'm guessing he's away seeing how you said you miss him, sorry if I'm wrong about that. But I don't think it will get any worse at all I think you just miss him a lot and your getting kinda depressed about it. Happens to me a lot to tell ya the truth. But anyway a good way to get rid of the despair is to try to see each other more than you do. I really hope I helped ya a lot but I don't know if I did or didn't, please imform me if I did or did not help I can try again to be of assisctens if I can be in the future. Sorry I have really bad spelling. I hope this helped or someone else can help you more if I did not help you. :grin:

3. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, he's away... he's at a camp atm till Friday, and even then, he's still away in Aus until I take my trip there in Jan and move there in April

I have been feeling quite sad about it the past few days (he left on Sunday) so yeah, I do miss him, but I'm just worried that this feeling I've got doesn't lead to something... worse... I don't ever want to lose him...

4. lonelymanoflove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sercten you will not lose him. I get the feeling that you both love each other very very much and I'm certen that when you two see each other (which btw that's a long time I"M SO SORRY!!!) you will be running twords each other tackling one another to the ground and well I shouldn't say more. Don't worry thought the despair will go away once you two see each other. Trust me I know all there is to know about despair.

5. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I never do want to lose him...
    He honestly means the world to me... I'm just worried that what I'm feeling might one day turn into something worse...
    And I know that we'll definitely be embracing each other the entire time I first go there... I don't think either of us will let go...
    I just don't want to lose him... I really do love him so much <3

And thank you, Lonelymanoflove... thank you so much for your words of advice (*hug*)

6. lonelymanoflove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No thanks are nessarsery I'm glad I helped!

7. TheSeeker

That fluttering feeling... It does go away after awhile, and I know exactly what you're talking about! It's not necessarily anything bad, I just think that Kael's become such a part of your life now that your emotions have calmed down because this is your new norm...

I lost that feeling for my boyfriend a couple of months ago (today is our six month anniversary) but I still love him intensely. A lot of it has to do with love vs lust, I think. He's a part of my life now, and I am a part of his; it's our new normal.

Don't sweat losing those butterflies in your stomach, it's likely just an emotional transition into something even better...

8. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you everyone for your amazing help and support <3
    After hearing that it's fine from TheSeeker and reading what USxUK posted, I am happy to say that I am just moving onto the next stage of my relationship :slight_smile:

So thank you all for everything you've done and I'll keep you all updated on how it goes from here on out :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2014 at 12:18 AM ----------

Also TheSeeker, happy six month anniversary :grin:
    Hope you and your boyfriend have many many more wonderful anniversary's together :grin: (*hug*)

10. lonelymanoflove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so glad other people where about to help you!!!

11. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    You'll know when you're past that "puppy dog" stage when the arguments and disagreements start, when you begin to notice little things here and there about your partner and yourself and your relationship that bother you and rub you the wrong way and drive you crazy in a way that feels like an itch you can't scratch.

Having those feelings won't necessarily be bad in and of themselves and maybe you have one of those "perfect" relationships where conflict is not a problem because you and your partner are in harmony with each other (which is also neither good nor bad). If you have your arguments or if you don't it's okay, but don't fool yourself into believing you have to force the relationship to become anything. If you have different opinions or get along well together learn to embrace it with a mature and balanced mindset.

Choose your battles carefully, be open to compromise, enjoy what you have with your partner if what you have doesn't cause bitterness resentment and strife. If it does it's not a healthy relationship, at which point you both need to adapt or get out before the relationship makes you feel miserable and trapped and hateful of yourself and your partner.

Puppy dog is fine but you need to get past that before you truly begin to know yourself and your partner and the dynamic between you, before you can judge it good or bad.

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2014 at 10:12 AM ----------

Also, whether you're in a relationship or not, time apart is a GOOD thing. Clingy, smothering relationships won't last very long at all. You and your partner need personal time either apart from your partner or with friends (mutual or otherwise). Smothered relationships will be yet another cause of bitterness anger and resentment etc. etc.

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2014 at 10:19 AM ----------

Absolute love is great but don't let your relationship define you, don't lose your sense of self hoping that your relationship will fulfill your personal non-romantic emotional needs, it won't. Pursue your passions, do what you love doing for your sake. Self-fulfillment will make your relationship grow and become stronger.

I speak from experience of having done all the "do not's".

12. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Doctorlysomethn! I'll give my view on it. =)

At first, everything is new and exciting. You find out all kinds of things, and you get very excited about them. I know with Willy and me, what excited me a lot, was not knowing he whether he loved me back. "Does he love me back? Does this means he really likes me?" things like that. :icon_bigg

Then you get to know a person, slowly. It's a very exciting process, everything is new and all that. At some point, you know the person very well. That doesn't mean anything changed, it simply means that it is not new.

For me, and for Willy too, getting to know each other much more is amazing. :icon_bigg I really want to understand him deeply, and the more I know, the happier I get. I still think of him, a lot. But it's different in a way. At first it's like "He is SO amazing and adorable!!! My boyfriend!!" and now it's more like "Aww, he is totally mine, he is the one I'll spend my life with."

It's normal. (*hug*) You are becoming more used to him, which is a very good sign. I think it's the same for you: you'll get more used to the idea of being his boyfriend, being the only one for him. =) That being said, for me, there are quite some moments where Willy gets me completely excited, but he's now so much more than just my boyfriend. He is the one for me. :slight_smile:

I know that, it's so obvious to me. And I know it's the same way you feel. (*hug*)