1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is getting... disturbing!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaynerd64, Dec 9, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

Today my friend proudly presented to me and a small group of other people a poorly drawn picture that depicted her locked in a box dying while her "loved" one was forced to watch. She described it more graphically. Some might say that she just wanted to unnerve us but I am honestly concerned for her... it seems like she planned a sort of suicide. I do not know what to do...

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps her artwork is an outlet for her depression, expressing her feelings, or maybe another way of asking for help? What did she say about the artwork herself?

If you think she is depressed, you might suggest she sees a doctor. If you're really worried about her doing something she might regret, is there someone you can talk to- like a councilor, teacher or parent?

3. David21201

My girlfriend did something similar once. It was an outlet for her depression.
    Talk to her and make sure she is ok

4. shinji

shinji Guest

You have no idea how many drawing i have of things that i won't even go into, as they are far too disturbing to even talk about.

Anyway, as stated above. This is a form of expression and is often used to "show" others that we are hurting. In this situation where she actually went on to show you said artwork, knowing what reaction she will get, i am inclined to think that she is in fact trying to draw sympathy so as to help her feel appreciated, though of, liked, etc...

Do give her some attention and talk to her, but don't necessarily try to push the "depression/suicide" topic. If you come off too hard it might push her back into her shell, because it will make her feel guilty for making you worry so much. Just concentrate on being a friend and devoting some attention to her.