1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cliche "I'm in love with my best friend"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mischief, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Having just come out to a few of my friends about being trans (FtM), I've noticed how much I am in love with my best friend. She's completely introverted, most likely asexual, and isn't a massive fan of human contact. Recently I've found after getting my hair done that I've been more confident in flirting with her, but I'm not sure if I'm just making her feel uncomfortable. I don't know what on earth to do, it's such a stupid feeling and ughh :bang:

Any advice? I'm not sure if I should tell her or not either, for all the above reasons. Please help me :tears:

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Well... Not sure on how to say it, I havn't either... But you definetly should it's unfair to her, and to yourself, in a way to keep beating around the bush.

3. ImaJen

It's great that you're so confident, but you're also right to think how she's taking your advances as well. It may be quite a lot for her take in that you're trans as well as you telling her you like her. My advice is leave it a couple of weeks, maintain the closeness you have and try and pick out any cues to see if she's into you. If it's looking positive, I'd say tell her, but only after those few weeks - don't rush! Even if she's not into you, you'll feel so much better having told her - this worked for me (she was straight but we're now closer than ever!). I know it's easier said than done, I've been there, but worth it! And you know if she is into you then... ;P

4. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I've waited two years to actually come to terms with my feelings for her, we're really incredibly close and she completely accepts me as being trans. I'll perhaps update in a few weeks time on my closeness to telling her, or even if I've told her! Thanks for the replies guys, I will be sure to take note of how he reacts whenever I say something slightly flirtatious. :slight_smile:

She did just today make a comment about her being pan, so we'll see! I guess my asexuality vibes were wrong. :3