1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is My Friend Straight, Bi, or What

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainbow Kitty, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Rainbow Kitty

So I'll keep this short. My best friend (who is male) recently came out as bisexual to me. Last week he asked me out and I was gonna say yes, but... Later he comes up to me. "Hey, I'm straight" and he just walks off.

I asked him whats going on and said if you're ashamed of your sexuality don't be; anyone who thinks otherwise is fucked up. He responded about an hour ago, "I'm straight. Just stop talking about it." I would believe it's a prank but here's why I think not.

-He's one of my best friends.
    -Super sweet, caring, and honest
    -Constantly checking me out. People knew he liked me before he told anyone .-.
    -People tease him and ask him if hes gay a lot. Denial maybe?

Do you guys think he is straight and was confused? Or is he hiding it? :bang:

2. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Seems like, for whatever reason, he's regretting coming out and is trying to fix that now. "Just stop talking about it" makes it seem like he trying to act like it never happened, not that is was some kind of prank. Just give it time and be his friend.

3. SeerOfHeart

It sounds like he could be worried about what you think. Coming out is really scary, and even if you said you're okay with it, he might still be worrying and even regretting telling you. Thoughts such as 'What if they're lying? What if I actually changed my relationship with them irrevocably?' aren't uncommon at all. It's usually irrational, but the worry definitely feels real.

Like Tectonic said, he probably just needs time. Don't push him to be out if he's not ready.

4. Rainbow Kitty

That seems reasonable... I'll wait and hopefully he'll open up again if he's going back into the closet :astonished:

5. David21201

He must have back-tracked into his closet... hmm... parents homophobic? do you think he has any reason as to why he went back?

6. Erick

Sounds to me he's in-denial or in fear of coming out.

You cannot force him to come out, however you can support him through this time. :slight_smile:

Comfort him and let him gain self confidence, just let him know how much he means to you and you hope to never lose him.

Good luck :slight_smile:!

7. Rainbow Kitty

He's not come through yet :l

He told me his parents are okay with it.

8. David21201

I'd just help him out at this moment in his life. Wait patiently.