1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tough Time

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Thelyingleo, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Thelyingleo

So I'm a 42y/o bi woman who raised my kids knowing that I dated women before and during the first years of being a mother (I was a single mom). My brothers & father disagreed with this lifestyle and had me convinced that I would lose my kids, that my kids would be discriminated against as we lived in a small town, and made life hard for me. I stuck to dating men but over the past few years have really longed for a relationship with a woman again. I opened up to my bf earlier this year and he was supportive, however, my daughters who are in their early 20's are not supportive. My bf is the only real father they've ever known and they're all taking very personally. I was having a LDR with a woman most of this year and it had been going very well, but my kids just wont get on board with this. I feel that if I leave my bf I will lose my entire family as a result, I am soo hurt and feel a little betrayed... especially considering that one of my daughters is a lesbian. She says it has nothing to do with her not supporting my relationship with a woman, but that she doesn't want me to end a perfectly good relationship with my bf of 13yrs. Feel soo stuck. :bang:

2. Erick

I'm deeply sorry for the situation you're in.

Is there an urge for you to be with a woman? Do you not love your boyfriend anymore? Being bisexual can be very confusing because when you're with someone, you have the urge to be someone else, but if you can no longer love your boyfriend as a partner, there's no way you can be happy with him if you no longer deeply care for him romantically.

Are you sure it's a "prefectly good relationship" because from what I've heard, you're struggling because of this relationship, it makes you feel "stuck". So is it really perfect?

Do what your heart desires, seek it and follow it.

Best of luck :slight_smile: