1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo my "straight" crush kissed me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rocklobbster, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Rocklobbster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So i've made a post about my crush before. you can look Here to get the full story. But to keep things short, i've been friends with this guy for several years and we would consider each other best friends. I came out to him first and he was really cool about it a year or so later i started to develop feelings for him.

and if you read my other post you can see that he gave me plent of reason to believe that he was questioning or something so i told him about me feelings. Nothing happened but he was cool about it. he told me he was straight a little while later and while i was hurt, i respected him and laid off hi for a while.

Now, last week me him and a couple of our other friends were playing truth or dare. Two of my other friends got dared to kiss each other but they werent going for it so my crush said: "here look how easy it is. Come here" we got up he put his arms around me, touched my face and kissed me.

I have no idea how to read this situation. I kinda want to talk to him about it but i fear he would get angry since he already told me he was straight. What should i do?
    Thoughts?

2. Tardis2020

He is definitely not straight. He didn't get dared to kiss you, and the way you described it isn't an awkward forced kiss. I think you should talk about it to him. It seems like he's either confused, likes you, or is just playing games like a douche.

3. Rainbows~Exist

That made my little heart flutter.

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Talking to him about it, does put you in somewhat of a disadvantage. I would suggest shrugging it off and playing it cool around him, maybe a bit flirty. If a situation ever occurs again that makes you question his true intentions, then call him out on it, right there on the spot. By talking to him now, you are giving him the chance to simply shrug it off, should he chose to do so. Which will serve to confuse you even further. That and the fact that you are clearly somewhat emotional and would most likely push too hard, which might backfire on you.

5. jeepsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg you lucky bish!!!!!!!!!! I really think he likes you but he's just shy about it. If i were you, i'd flirt with him,!! GO for it!

6. nemo14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey!
    no question about it: he either likes you or is a complete a-hole for playing with your feelings, since he knows your gay AND have had/still have a crush on him.
    i agree with the above posts though, don't push it. act normal, and make it clear that you always listen when he speaks, but the next step is his because that step is coming out (if not to everyone, then at least to you) and that should never be forced out of someone. he needs to feel that it was his choice entirely.
    but if you play it cool and he is willing to come out, i don't think you have anything to worry about ^^ good for you!
    all the best!

7. SouthernGeek

I have a slightly different take: Either he really likes you in a "crush" sort of way, or if he is straight he likes you so much he feels comfortable around you. Hmmm. Now that I typed it I don't know that I buy the last part. Why not flirt with him a little? Maybe when you two are alone you can say something like "Say, when we were playing truth or dare and kissed me, I don't think I got it right because I wasn't expecting it, can we try again?"

8. Calix

^ I second this idea

9. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

In my opinion, you should leave it be. He already set a pretty clear boundary by telling you directly that he is straight and that he does not reciprocate your feelings. He could have been lying of course, or that could have changed since the time he told you, either way he is the only one that can safely cross that boundary and he will if he is really into you (since you already made it clear that you have feelings for him). If you were to be the one who tried to cross that boundary it would be a violation of his trust so I recommend you to be patient and wait for him to take the next step (when he is ready, if ever).

You already showed your hand, now is his turn to show his. Hopefully he will reciprocate your feelings (in time), but if not then at least you don't come across as the gay predator that can't take a no for an answer.

#9 Rawrzilla, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
  10. Rocklobbster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks guys for all the advice!! I'll definitely not push it as I think would be the best way to let things grow naturally and not break that trust. Me and him are going to hang out tomorrow I think so I'll just see how it goes! Thanks again everyone! I'll try to keep you posted.

11. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    maybe he's a really douchey straight guy, or he's gay/bi-curious, or he straight and likes you so much that he wants you to feel good

12. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's cute :3

Yeah, pretty sure he likes you, mate. :grin:
    Just keep the subtle flirting going.

13. I've had MEN kiss me just to be assholes. I've also had WOMEN kiss me because they're confused about themselves and by kissing "the lesbian" they can use me as a scapegoat and blame me for what happened/make jokes about it ("LOL I kissed the school lesbian!")

14. Fantie

Fantie Guest

Awwwwwwwwww

15. AliceBiersack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Omg I hope things work out this sounds so cute

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2014 at 11:29 PM ----------

Please give more updates!