1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight girl has a crush on me...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tyler h, Dec 10, 2014.

1. tyler h

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey again, guys,

One of my coworkers, a girl, has always been super friendly and nice to me, but recently, I feel like she's been developing feelings towards me. I think that she's trying to flirt with me, and she also got me a gift for Christmas... (like a week ago...) The closet isn't exactly wide open right now, and I think that someone who's more naive to the topic could pass me off as straight pretty easily. I'm just looking for a way to gently nudge her in the other direction, because she really is nice and I don't want to stop being nice to her. I'm just totally not ready to come out to her, considering we're just like, barely friends. We really don't talk except when we're on shift together or a little in class, and she hasn't brought it up at all, so I think it would be weird to just go and say "I'm sorry, I'm not interested." I just don't want her to get her hopes up, but I don't want to be a dick. :c

So, help?

2. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    Put her in 'the friend zone' and be clear and direct about it in as nice a way as possible, make sure she gets the hint.

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you could try to set her up with one of your straight friends?

4. TrueHeartZ

If you really believe this tell her that you do not think of her that way. Be kind and tell her that her friendship is really important to you, but you are going through some things and it would not be good for you to be in a relationship right now.

5. crazyDepression

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh gosh , this happened to me a few months ago , but i would say just go out for lunch and just discuss about things that will slowly make her think that you are gay or if she confesses , just tell her nicely that you're not into women . Hope this helps! This was how I told her and hope it goes well (*hug*)

6. soulcatcher

Not mention anything and wait for her to make the first move. After that you can gently friendzone her.