1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gremlin, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Gremlin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What do you guys think about hiding your relationship?

I go to a really religious school and have recently started seeing someone, and she is great and I am crazy about her. However, if the wrong person gets hold of what we are doing we could both be kicked out of the university. This so far has been hard for me because I have never had to hide a relationship before. When she stops by my place all I want to do is kiss her, but I can't unless we are alone, it makes things really hard. We also can't be open to some mutual friends because we don't know how they will react or tell. We have both thought about transferring, but it we are both too far into our majors for it to be really worth it.

I know that other people have had to do this too or at least something close and was hoping someone could give me some tips on how to make it work.

2. bounced

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know why but for some reason this sounds like an ultimate fantasy to me... just you and them sneaking around in secret, everyone else oblivious to what you are doing behind closed doors. You get to look at each other slyly in public, both of you know what is going to happen later when you are alone together. All you want to do is touch each other but you have to resist the urge until you get home. Damn that would be amazing...

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can honestly say it's not nearly as romantic and sexy as it sounds. It sucks. A lot.

I've been hiding my relationship for over a year and I'm likely going to have to continue to do so for at least another eight months or so. If the relationship is worth it, though, you'll find a way to make it work. I'm sorry that you have to worry about being kicked out of school. How much longer do you have left?

You mentioned that you can't tell some mutual friends. What about others?

4. Gremlin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks, and I wish it was that romantic :/. We both have about 2 years left of school. And a few people know, but we don't see them very often or at all sometimes.

Any tips for getting through it Aspen?