1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Out To Best Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SittinInTheDark, Dec 12, 2014.

1. SittinInTheDark

Right Now: Minneapolis llll Usually: New York City
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The worst is talking to your best friend back home every week and she not knowing that you have a date on Sunday with a girl. I wish I could tell her. But...I dunno. :bang:

2. Erick

When I told my best friend it was nerve wrecking. BUT! I TOTALLY do not regret telling him my feelings toward both genders. He not only accepted it, but he embraced it and told me that he feels I'm special in his life for revealing something like that to him.

If she is definitely your best friend, than she will not only accept your sexual orientation, but she will also respect you even more for opening up to her.

I wish the best for you and I hope all goes well!! :slight_smile:

3. NotSureWhatIam

Best friends are the best support for that sort of thing. If she is straight don't go falling in love. That's a nightmare.

4. Sek

Sek

I'm in the same exact boat.. My best friend has been suspicious of me and rightly so. I feel awful for not telling her but I'm just not ready to admit it. Sometimes I have to lie to her when I'm seeing my boyfriend and she wants to hang out, and it makes me feel awful.

I will tell her but I'm just waiting until I feel comfortable doing it since I know she would 100% accept it. You should do it when it feels right to you.

5. SittinInTheDark

Right Now: Minneapolis llll Usually: New York City
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Its hard though because she is Catholic. I mean she accepts people of other genders and sexualities, which is super cool, but she still believes that gay marriage is wrong. I don´t want to become ´that friend´.