1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give me your happy ending stories!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tacgirl, Dec 13, 2014.

1. tacgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I met this girl a while back online. We hit it off right away, and got really into each other really fast. She kept saying one thing and doing another, mostly saying she doesn't fall easy and she's not a relationship kind of girl, but asked me to go exclusive right away and was super affectionate and coming to visit. Then, out of nowhere, she ended it this week. Said she wants to stay friends but can't do long distance (we live a few hours away from each other). I'm just about done with my psych degree, and I know enough to know self-sabotaging/self-defeating behavior when I see it. We still talk every day, but it's just not the same. I'm trying to stay calm and patient, but I'm pretty heartbroken. I'm fairly certain she'll come around eventually, I just have to wait.

So, to help me keep the faith, I'd love to hear your "we broke up but ended up together" stories! As much detail as you're willing to give me...these stories are keeping me afloat lately! :slight_smile:

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This may not be the happy ending you're looking for, but a few years ago I fell pretty hard for a boy I met online but as I expected he is straight (although incredibly supportive and open-minded).

I was pretty crushed for awhile, but we talked quite a bit over time about some incredibly personal stuff and even met in person a couple of times. We don't talk all that often anymore, but I genuinely consider him to be my friend and I know I can share anything with him. I think telling him how I felt was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. :slight_smile:

3. lostwoods

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I waited 5 months through alot of psycho ex drama including threats to myself. Trying to get closer to be pushed away . Then when finally its seemed we could start seeing eachother. She was so excited as was i.

Spent a evening together holding hands , some tv and conversation you know went well. She asked me to txt her when i got home to make sure i was safe. And asked if we could see eachother again soon and i said yes. I get home let her know im ok. And she says she misses me already.

I noticed she was a little down when we spoke of some past relationship issues. And the next nite when i was txting her she was quiet. Like when she gets depressed. But unlike then where she comes back up or i can help. It just got worse tills she wasnt even talking to me. I asked if she was disappointed in our evening...she said no. I asked why i had been getting the silent treatment for a few days she appologised and said she was going through a phase.

I havent seen her since late oct. I havent heard from her since the 9th of nov. No matter what i txt or say. I dont get through. So i have no info why this happened. No closure no nothing. Just that my heart got trapped and is no longer with me. How long it stays that way i dont know. I even wrote her poetry...which may seem corny to some...but i can express my heart so much better in a poem. Best poem i ever wrote and i couldnt even tell it to her in person...i had to email it. I dont even know if she read it...

People i speak with say she got scared due to alot of past relationship abuse in her life. Etc but that doesnt make it right to ignore me and the feelings she knows i have. But for now im just drifting. Working , getting over being sick . Going to try and work on myself some. I guess im waiting...but its scary to wait. Especially in a case like mine where nothing makes sense...maybe i dont even make sense.

I know not exactly a happy ending. But its not really over quite yet either. Thing is , if you wanna wait do it. But do stuff for yourself to. Hobbies or whatever keeps you busy and entertained. I can say from this experience nothing sucks worse than sitting around going over what coulda been said different or if i had done this she would have done that. Solves nothing.

Sometimes its not you at all its something their going through . And as ive learned alot of people cant cope properly. Some shut down , some run away. But i know the time will come for me when i have to say...is the waiting time over? Time to move on? And i think once that happens lettin go will just naturally happen. But theres the hance she will surprise.me...she did that before. Then the new choice of what to do with that will happen. But thats a story for another day.

#3 lostwoods, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  4. tacgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for sharing, guys. I decided to come back to this thread, mostly because my situation still doesn't have closure and I wanted to check back and see about yours.
    mbenema, thank you for sharing. She's a good friend, and one I wouldn't want to lose. I think your situation is one I might find myself in, eventually.
    lostwoods, has your situation gotten any better? Anything further to report?